INSIGHT Business Pro
INSIGHT Business Professional – Reasoning Skills and Mindset measures decision-making skills and thinking mindset of supervisory, and managerial level employees who are expected to exercise independent professional judgment within their area of responsibility. The INSIGHT Business Professional documents strengths and identifies foci for training and professional development. INSIGHT Business Professional is used globally by businesses, businesses, institutions, and organizations in all industry sectors, recruiters, HR departments, and consultants for applicant and candidate screening, and for individual talent development and team-focused professional development purposes.
Population: INSIGHT Business Professional is calibrated for professional and managerial level employees and candidates who are expected to exercise independent professional judgment within their area of responsibility.
Administration: Administer at any time, in any location with our user-friendly, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface.
Support Materials: INSIGHT User Manual: Includes all needed information for the administration and interpretation of individual and group scores. A separate INSIGHT Business Professional Debrief Document, which client may elect to provide to the persons who are assessed, is available at no additional charge.
Specs: Max 80 minutes timed administration.
- 30 minutes allotted for 90 Agree-Disagree survey style business professional mindset attribute belief, value, and expectation statements.
- 50 minutes allotted for 34 engaging, business workplace scenario-based reasoning skill demonstration questions.
Deliverables: Individual score reports of all metrics for each person assessed. Optional group graphics with statistical summary of scores; Excel spreadsheet of responses of all custom questions, and all scores for each person assessed. Optional INSIGHT Business Professional debriefing document.
Results Reported (Actionable Metrics):
- Ten Fundamental Business Professional Mindset Attributes. The successful business professional is:
- Judicious – maturity, timeliness, and thoughtfulness in decision making
- Committed – orientated toward the company and the job, its people, and its mission
- Honorable – commitment to trustworthiness and honesty in communication and behavior
- Foresightful – alert to potential difficulties and strives to foresee consequences
- Focused – taking an organized and systematic approach to problem solving
- Adaptable – an appetite for innovation, resilient, and welcoming of requirements for change
- Professional – focused on fulfilling responsibilities, collaboration, and positive leadership
- Tolerant — respects diversity in the workplace, including for different opinions and perspectives
- Resourceful – the expectation of personal agency and self-reliance in accomplishing goals
- Motivational — communicates enthusiasm for the work and inspires others to give their best
- Five Essential Reasoning Skills of Business Professionals, and an OVERALL rating:
- Problem Analysis – Accurate identification of the problem and decision-critical elements
- Evaluating Alternatives – Assessing opinions, options, priorities, and the strength of arguments
- Reasoning in Ambiguous Contexts – Judgment in ambiguous, risky, and uncertain contexts
- Reasoning in Precise Contexts – Judgment in precisely defined, logically rigorous contexts
- Reasoning in Quantitative Contexts – Judgment using numerical and quantitative information
- OVERALL Reasoning Skills – Sustained use of reasoning skills to reach optimal judgments
- Each business professional mindset attribute is scored on 40-point scale divided into three qualitative categories: Not Manifested, Positive, Strong Positive.
- Each business professional reasoning skill metric is scored on a 300-point scale with corresponding qualitative ratings (Not Manifested, Moderate, Strong, and Superior).
Optional Custom Questions: At no additional cost clients can add up to ten client-specific custom descriptive survey questions to the assessment profile to enable sub-group reports.
Currently Available Languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Russian, and Spanish.
Licenses to Administer: Sold globally exclusively by Insight Assessment to business, governmental, military, healthcare, agency, and organizational clients; competitive grant-funded project directors; qualified researchers and doctoral dissertation scholars; and other for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
Comprehensive assessment services are available to our clients using any of the assessments in our INSIGHT series, including the INSIGHT Business Professional, at no additional cost:
Starting with an initial consultation to learn about your project, our experienced assessment specialists support your project in multiple ways.
- Instrument selection: (e.g., the INSIGHT tool that best fits the organizational level and industry sector of the individuals to be assessed.)
- Administration strategies: (e.g., anonymous or with personal identifiers, the use of client-specific questions, the possibility of group sampling to achieve an aggregated group profile, etc.)
- Assessment logistics: (e.g., assessing job applicants onsite or remotely, gathering pre- or post- training aggregated assessment data.)
- Privacy Protection: We assist the client with privacy protection strategies, including, if needed, completely anonymous double-blind assessments.
- Introducing client-specific custom questions: Clients can enable organizing, managing, and analyzing the assessment data that they plan to collect by introducing up to ten client-designed profile questions. We assist clients with this process.
- Login generation: Whenever requested, we provide the client with as many discrete individual test-takers logins as the client requests so that test-takers can access our secure, encrypted, online assessment interface.
- Report generation: We manage the online group report generation tool and produce, at the client’s request, group reports, aggregating and disaggregating data by their client-specific custom questions.
- 24/7/365 emergency technical support for our client testing administrators
We demonstrate how easy it is to administer assessments using our intuitive, browser-based, multilingual online testing system on almost any device: computer, tablet, or smartphone.
In addition to the full user manual included with each assessment instrument, preview packages enable future clients to experience the intended assessment tool in exactly the same way it will be used in their planned project.
Business Professional Mindset Attributes
- Judicious: The judicious professional displays maturity and thoughtfulness in decision making. Higher scores show awareness that some problems are ill-structured, that often there is more than one reasonable option, and that poor decisions should be dispassionately revisited. Judicious maturity of judgment is highly significant for professionals making judgments in contexts of risk and uncertainty.
- Committed: The committed professional is orientated toward the company and the job, its people, and its mission. Higher scores indicate feelings of loyalty to one’s workplace and its goals and ideals.
- Honorable: Honorable individuals conduct themselves with integrity, honesty, ethics, and truthfulness. Higher scores indicate a commitment to trustworthiness and honesty in communication and behavior. Trustworthiness, honorable behavior, and personal integrity are very important for placement in leadership and high risk or unsupervised positions.
- Foresightful: The foresightful professional is alert to potential difficulties and strives to foresee consequences. Higher scores indicate someone who tends to anticipate potential difficulties and expects to use reasoning and fact finding to resolve difficulties. A concern to anticipate and be ready to respond reasonably to foreseeable problems is a hallmark of a senior-level professional.
- Focused: The focused professional takes an organized and systematic approach to problem solving. Higher scores indicate someone who is persistent, organized, orderly, and focused in working through problems. As one’s professional responsibilities have less definition and demand more focused problem solving, decision making and troubleshooting, the attribute of focus grows in importance.
- Adaptable: The adaptable professional has an appetite for innovation and system changes. Higher scores on this scale indicate someone who is resilient and welcoming toward workplace requirements for change and for the application of new or different skills. Adaptability as a business professional is vital in today’s fast-paced and fluid workplace environment.
- Professionalism: This scale addresses social interactions in the workplace. Higher scores indicate the tendency to limit socializing to that which is necessary to get the job done and to take an appropriate and professional approach to social interactions at work. Professionalism is vital to maintaining a proper focus on work responsibilities, facilitating collaboration, and providing positive leadership.
- Tolerant: The tolerant manager respects diversity in the workplace, including showing due respect for different perspectives, opinions, and suggestions. Higher scores indicate respect for people independent of such factors as age, gender, and sexual orientation. Tolerance is valuable in all settings, but most important when functions require interaction with clients, customers, suppliers, colleagues, or coworkers from broadly diverse demographic backgrounds.
- Resourceful: The resourceful business professional is driven to find the means necessary to fulfill responsibilities. Higher scores indicate an expectation of personal agency and self-reliance regarding accomplishing goals. Resourcefulness is valuable in managers and other professionals tasked with key organizational duties.
- Motivational: Motivational leaders communicate enthusiasm for the work at hand and inspire others to give their best. Higher scores indicate the consistent orientation toward getting the most out of team members and subordinates. Motivational leaders are valued for their capacity to inspire an entire organization and move it forward with enthusiasm and energy.
Essential Reasoning Skills of Business Professionals
- Problem Analysis: A strongly skilled problem solver at the professional level can analyze problem situations and identifying the significance of their key elements. Problem analysis is the capacity to identify the critical elements in a problem solving or decision-making context. The analytical and interpretive skills used in problem analysis enable the professional to determine the issues that must be addressed and the parameters of the problem at hand.
- Evaluating Alternatives: The successful professional can evaluate options accurately and establishing priorities. A strong score on this scale indicates strength in the core reasoning skills of evaluation and explanation. The capacity of the professional to differentiate the quality of different possible choices and to explain the reasons behind that evaluation are key to successful problem solving by individuals and teams.
- Reasoning in Logically Precise Contexts: Successful professionals have the skills necessary to anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences. This scale measures one’s skills in drawing logical inferences in those precisely defined and tightly structured contexts where deductive reasoning plays a critical role. The professional with strengths in this reasoning skill domain will be able to see the applications and the implications of executive directives, company policies, regulations, and protocols which both shape and constrain their problem solving.
- Reasoning in Ambiguous and Uncertain Contexts: Skills in problem solving in contexts of risk, ambiguity and uncertainty are critical for professionals. A strong score on this scale indicates excellence in the core reasoning skill of drawing well warranted justified inferences in situations involving probabilistic inductive reasoning, comparative this-is-like-that reasoning, and empirical facts-up-to-theories reasoning. Strengths in this reasoning skill domain lead the problem solver to find the solution that has the strongest likelihood of success, given the information at hand.
- Reasoning in Quantitative and Numerical Contexts: To be successful today, every professional must be able to reason well in contexts involving numerical data. A strong score on this scale indicates skill in applying analysis, interpretation, inference, and evaluation to decision contexts where critical numerical information is presented in charts, graphs, text, or tables. Successful business problem solvers demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate vital information presented in a variety of numerical formats to reach an optimal problem solution.
OVERALL Reasoning Skills: The OVERALL Reasoning Skills metric on the INSIGHT Professional represents the integration of thinking and reasoning skills needed to make operational decisions and to address concerns at the professional levels of an organization. (This is a holistic score which represents the result of the test-taker’s sustained effort at coming to reasoned judgments using the full set of more specific reasoning skills described in the other five metrics.)
The INSIGHT Business Professional Report Package includes an individual test-taker report for each person assessed and optional group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing, making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support services work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab, phone, or Contact Us today for a free consultation.
Individual Reports include:
- Each professional thinking mindset attribute is scored on 40-point scale divided into three qualitative categories: Not Manifested, Positive, Strong Positive.
- Each reasoning skill metric is scored on a 300-point scale with corresponding qualitative ratings (Not Manifested, Moderate, Strong, and Superior).
- The Individual Report are be pushed as PDF files to an email address of the client’s choosing (for example, to an HR department hiring officer, a senior manager, or to an external search-firm or professional development consultant).
- The client controls whether individual reports are made available to the test-taker.
- Optional, free upon request, a short PDF assessment report debrief document, which can be distributed by the client to the people who were assessed.
Optional Group Analytics include:
- Excel spreadsheet files of all scores on all metrics. At the option of the client, these also include the responses to optional custom questions added by the client to the assessment profile.
- Presentation ready tables and graphic representation of the score distribution for all metrics.
- Our assessment support staff prepares and emails optional group analytical reports to clients using any of the INSIGHT series assessments for no extra charge at the request of the client.