K-12 schools and academies of all kinds — independent, charter, public, private, international – assess student critical thinking to get objective data that benefits students, teachers, parents and schools.
There is a high correlation between student thinking skills and their academic achievement. Students possessing strength in critical thinking are better equipped to solve problems, to understand and to integrate content material, and to achieve in school. And that achievement prepares them for tomorrow.
Today educational programs throughout the world are expected to be able to demonstrate that they are effectively improving critical thinking skills. The data from well-designed assessment programs help parents and educators target educational development to ensure that students are developing the strength of thinking skills and learning attributes they need to succeed in school and in the workplace.
Educators and researchers frequently use Insight Assessment test instruments to gather solid evidence on critical thinking learning outcomes. Group and individual data are used to study the effectiveness of teaching methods aimed at training reasoning skills and mindset.
EDUCATE INSIGHT is a comprehensive critical thinking assessment program for K-12 education. These thinking assessments have been calibrated to provide age appropriate, validated, objective measurements of the key thinking skills and mental motivations of students. Our clients depend on our comprehensive graphic and statistical reports to deliver the high quality data needed for their assessment objectives.
Objective, reliable group data is often used to:
- ensure students are developing the reasoning skills needed for academic success
- provide the objective data teachers need to incorporate necessary reasoning skills into class work, reading instruction and curriculum
- evaluate the effectiveness of curricular programs, instructional approaches and educational materials in developing critical thinking learning
- strengthen support programs by identifying areas for individual and/or group instruction
- benchmark student critical thinking against external national norms
- document the growth in student critical thinking skills from program entry to exit
- to support selective admissions processes
Comprehensive individual reports can be used to:
- help counselors and teachers understand how student thinking skills and weaknesses on specific core reasoning skills impact the quality of learning and problem solving
- provide parents with an understanding of their student’s skills, needs and learning style
- identify and target specific areas for improvement
- provide objective information for class placement
- support the developing individual education plans
- supplement selective admissions processes by gathering objective evidence of key predictors of student success such as critical thinking skills, mathematical reasoning and learning orientation
Good critical thinking tests are not tests of factual knowledge about critical thinking. Memorizing information and definitions is not the key. A good critical thinking test engages test takers in using their critical thinking because critical thinking is a process.
Contact us to see why K-12 educators rely on our on Insight Assessment full service solutions to gather the data they need to develop stronger student critical thinking.