Finding the optimal test administration solution
Many critical thinking assessment customers find that the move from traditional paper testing to electronic testing leads to greater value to students, faculty and administration.
Insight Assessment clients can select the testing method which is most suitable for their specific test environments and needs. Clients who do not have access to technology or who require unique controlled, proctored testing, can choose traditional paper. The majority of our clients prefer the flexibility of anytime, anywhere testing use our industry leading app-based online option.
The advantages of electronic testing
Insight Assessment flexible electronic testing options provide:
- Immediate reporting advantages for electronic testing. Electronic testing makes scored results immediately available to you on your dashboard, and spreadsheets and group reports can be downloaded at your convenience; There’s no need to worry about testing data being lost in the mail.
- Unlimited generation of group reports using our reporting system capability. Using the group indicator to identify each program allows you to prepare program level reports using our online report generator, adding to the value of your current plan. You can easily support reporting demands for overall and department level data.
- The ability to customize your demographic profile so that you can easily record the school/program and up to ten additional data points for later analysis.
- Identify and remove false tests that typically lower group mean scores. The electronic system records time on test and also the percent of items completed
- Individual reports: At your option, electronic testing will provide a personal report to each student and allow them to see it and email it to themselves at completion of the assessment.
- Testing is always available 24/7/365 without the need to order materials in advance. Our testing platform is now delivered through a secure app-based interface. The mobile app can be downloaded at no cost to most iOS, Apple, and Google devices. Our technology and system support staff is available (at no additional cost) to work with your IT personnel to prepare for electronic administration. Other clients typically have students sign into labs and use provided login information to complete the assessment at specified time frames.
- Expanded multilingual assessment options allow more accurate assessment of reasoning skills in ESL applicants or students. Insight Assessment provides assessments, interface and reports in a wide arrange of languages.
- Expanded access to wider array of assessments, including those that incorporate improvements in the scale score reporting including the addition of Numeracy (quantitative reasoning).
- Maintaining reporting of OVERALL scores in relationship to national percentiles Insight Assessment maintains the careful calibration of our test instruments, so national percentiles for all versions are exactly comparable, and OVERALL scores (and mean scores) are also directly comparable, allowing clients to move to electronic testing. and not lose data.
Most Insight Assessment clients, large and small, test electronically
Whether to initiate an assessment project in paper or online is often an early question in discussions with potential clients. If you are currently considering critical thinking assessments or a change from paper to electronic administration, contact us today. Our testing specialists will help you determine if electronic testing or paper testing is the best match for your specific test environments and needs.