Why improve the quality of employee decision-making and problem-solving?
Convincing leadership to invest in employee training and development plans can be an uphill battle. But many leaders are also aware that their employees’ decision-making and problem-solving skills are vital to their success. They experience, first-hand, how poor critical thinking can hurt their bottom-line at every level, every day. Weakness in employee thinking skills leads to errors, missed opportunities, poor risk assessment, reduced program impact, and subpar results.
Data, however, is needed to document gains in employee skill sets. Without metrics, there is no proof of ROI. Training & development depends upon objective measurements to determine the value and effectiveness of your initiatives.
Development plans that provide training without metrics are incomplete.
Focus your employee training program on improving thinking to transform:
- Training: Fewer mistakes are made when employees have the ability to analyze problems, evaluate options, anticipate consequences and apply numerical data. Innovation also increases when employees have the mindset to persist until they find solutions. Training should enable employees to build the skills and mindset attributes that lead to product and systemic quality improvements.
- Metrics: Use for quality improvement and continuous improvement programs.
- Training: Proactively build more rounded and productive teams, focused on skills and motivation to think well together. Team members use the modules to improve/exercise the application of key skills and mindsets.
- Metrics: Use assessments to identify strengths & weaknesses of teams, departments, and divisions so that systematic problem-solving solutions can be implemented where change is needed.
- Training: Critical thinking skills are essential job skills. Maximize your training dollars. Implement an effective training program that targets the improvement of skills that affect job performance. Build a work culture that values and rewards good thinking.
- Metrics: Use for employee engagement programs, talent identification, onboarding, career development. Objectively match employee skills and talents to job responsibilities; validate that you are hiring, promoting and retaining the most effective people.
- Training: Offer a self-directed capability for self-improvement by strengthening core skills and motivation. Demonstrate company commitment to employees through continuing their skills development. Build trainee confidence in the value of improving thinking and reasoning.
- Metrics: Support individual professional development programs with comprehensive reports analyzing employee thinking strengths and weaknesses. Target the thinking skills/attitudes that are objectively identified as needing improvement.
Where are you in the process of delivering an effective employee development program?
There are many reasons to research employee training programs.
Companies implement a development program when it provides a comprehensive and effective solution to their needs, while minimizing the burden on their systems.
A cost-effective solution delivers high-quality training and metrics
INSIGHT Development Program is a comprehensive self-study program focused on one of the most fundamental workplace skills–critical thinking.
It accomplishes two complementary goals by providing: 1) a proven online training program to improve essential work skills and 2) access to performance metrics using industry leading assessment tools.
This combination makes INSIGHT Development Program a uniquely valuable human resources tool.
INSIGHT Development program can be implemented to supplement your current employee training programs or as an additional independent benefit to your staff.
It is your solution for effective training, improving the quality of thinking as well as supplying objective metrics to document the achievement of your goals.
Whatever motivates your decision to implement an effective development program, INSIGHT Development Plan delivers a comprehensive, cost-effective solution.Contact us