Before you implement your critical thinking program make sure that the individual and group data reported will be objective, high impact and relevant.
You’ve done the easy part: You’ve realized that good thinking is critical to the success of your group/organization. You’ve decided that you need reliable metrics to achieve your goal of improving the quality decision making and problem solving.
Now it’s time to make the most important decision: how do you decide which assessment tool and company will efficiently deliver the high integrity data you need to meet your objectives?
Effective thinking and reasoning tests must:
- Measure and document a comprehensive view of the strengths and weaknesses of test takers’ thought processes. For a complete assessment of an individual’s thinking, it is essential to measure both skills and mindset. Individuals can have the right skills but not the motivation to use them, so their mindset matters a lot.
- Be calibrated for the intended test takers. Assessments should be matched with the appropriate educational or job responsibility levels and, if possible, for the appropriate professional fields of the targeted test takers. Thinking assessments are not one-size-fits-all.
- Support the language needs of your test takers. Language flexibility in the assessment instruments and in the test taker interface (TTI) can minimize the possibility that the measure of an individual’s thinking skills is affected by language ability. Why good translations matter
- Be user friendly. Effective tests engage and challenge test takers with scenarios and situations relevant to their interests in a variety of formats.
- Be firmly based on research in critical thinking, statistical analysis and measurement science.
- Have a proven record of reliability and meet statistical requirements of validity. The strength of any test is determined by the validity of the questions and the quality of data gathered.
- Deliver individual and group results in fast, detailed, readable and presentation ready reports which are calculated to assist decision-making.
- Report strength and weaknesses of specific core components of decision making as well providing an overall metric
- Provide the option of internal and external group norm percentile comparison
- Include secure, encrypted app based interface available 24-7, easily administered at single or multiple sites, at test centers or independently to groups and to individuals.
- Be supported by high quality client service starting from an informed consultation on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results
Keep these criteria in mind as you analyze and evaluate test tools and companies. Be thoughtful about choosing your thinking assessments. Be sure you’re choosing the best.
All Insight Assessment solutions meet these criteria. We set the standard for objective, validated group and individual analytics on the strength and weakness of core components of thinking skills and mindset. Insight Assessment offers a uniquely comprehensive array of test instruments calibrated specifically for educational, professional, business, health care, defense and legal uses. Our metrics are used and applied in 50 states and 60 countries in over 30 languages. Reports and analytics provide accurate measurements of essential individual skills and mindset attributes. Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each metric. Flexible administration options are available globally 24/7. Results are delivered within minutes of completion of the assessment.
INSIGHT Development Program includes the use of our proven test instruments with the critical thinking training modules that can be integrated into your training programs or can be implemented as new initiative.
Contact us to design an assessment program that matches your goals, intended test takers and reporting needs. Get the data you need for admissions, accreditation, outcomes assessment, hiring, training, program evaluation, research and all other projects that require good thinking.