Critical thinking assessment data benefits the institution and its graduates
The success of students in their classes and in the workplace depends on the strength of their critical thinking skills and personal mindset attributes. Recognizing the importance of building these reasoning skills and habits of mind, many 2-year college programs prioritize the achievement of critical thinking student learning outcomes.
Community colleges, certificate programs and technical institutes use Insight Assessment test instruments to evaluate critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills, the motivation to learn, the drive to succeed, and more. Objective individual and group data support vital institutional processes including:
- Program Admissions – Over-subscribed programs, particularly those in the health sciences, use the Health Sciences Reasoning Test AD (HSRT AD) level and the California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory (CCTDI) to identify the most promising applicants. For example, because of their importance for indicating the candidate’s potential for learning and professional success, the OVERALL reasoning skills on the HSRT AD and the Cognitive Maturity score on the CCTDI become data points programs can use in their process for evaluating applicants.
- Accreditation Assessment Data – To respond to the standards for regional and for professional accreditation, whole institutions or major divisions rely on our objective measures of critical thinking skills to gather learning outcomes assessment data. The most popular instruments used at the two-year college level are those specifically designed and calibrated for use with adult learners including the Test of Everyday Reasoning (TER), the Business Reasoning Test (BRT), the HSRT AD and the CM3 III College / Adult level. Institutions use the group aggregated data, the presentation-ready tables and graphs our system generates in self-study documents.
- Student Success Advising and Transfer Readiness – The Drive to Succeed and the Motivation to Learn can be as important to student success as critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills. Student retention, engagement and academic success programs use the College Student Success (CSS) reasoning and mindset instruments to gather valuable data on these and other significant attributes. Advisors can sit down with students and use the individual test taker reports our system generates to personalize their conversations.
Why two-year programs choose Insight Assessment data
Insight Assessment offers Two-Year Colleges:
- Proven, valid, reliable, and cost-effective instrumentation calibrated for their students
- Measurements of academic attributes and/or thinking/learning skills predictive of college success
- Nationally benchmark two-year college comparison percentiles
- Industry leading 24/7/365 electronic app-based testing technology
- Detailed reports of scores for each individual tested
- Presentation ready aggregate group reports, including tables and graphs
- English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and many other language options
- Client report interface for aggregating and disaggregating data
- Client options for adding demographic response items
- Knowledgeable client support for gathering high quality, relevant data
Educators trust Insight Assessment because we offer the highest quality cost-effective assessments, two-year college level benchmarking, college-specific data integration, options for testing in multiple languages, online app-based test administration, easy to understand score reporting, and expert data analysis services.