Free critical thinking resources and tools
Are you interested in the importance of improving critical thinking skills and mindset?
Then, you’ll want to save this list of popular FREE resources.
Here are eight of Insight Assessment’s most used critical thinking resources for teachers, trainers and others who are involved in developing learning outcomes assessment projects.
Feel free to download and use these teaching and training tools in your work to promote improved thinking in students and adults:
- Critical Thinking: What it is and Why it Counts PDF: The most recent version of Dr. Peter Facione’s white paper, explores the meaning and importance of critical thinking in all aspects of life and work.
- Characteristics of Strong Critical Thinkers: Based on the APA Expert Consensus Delphi Report description of strong critical thinkers.
- Cultivating a Critical Thinking Mindset PDF: Essay suggests specific practices people can do to develop strong critical thinking habits of mind
- Ten Positive Examples of Critical Thinking: 10 opportunities in daily life to engage problems and decisions using strong thinking skills and mindset
- 18 Ways Strong Thinking Skills are Applied in Business
- Effective Techniques for Building Reasoning Skills: ways to engage students & trainees in successful skills development and to reinforce a positive thinking mindset
- Holistic Critical Thinking Scoring Rubric: A rating measure that can be used to assess observable critical thinking demonstrated by presentations, essays, projects etc
- Sample Critical Thinking Questions: Examples that illustrate the types of situations which might appear on a generic adult level reasoning skills test
Be sure to check out the rest of the free Resources on the Insight Assessment website.
We make these teaching, training and learning tools available as part of our commitment to supporting the measurement and improvement of good thinking worldwide.
Keep in touch!
- Follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT, which explores ways we can all develop and benefit from stronger thinking.
- You can keep up with the latest Insight Assessment posts about measuring critical thinking skills, mindset, leadership, and other related constructs on social media