- “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
- “To every complex question there is a simple answer, and it is wrong.” – H.L. Mencken
- “A mind stretched by a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- “People can be extremely intelligent, have taken a critical thinking course, and know logic inside and out. Yet they may just become clever debaters, not critical thinkers, because they are unwilling to look at their own biases.” – Carol Wade.
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. ” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.” – Adrienne Rich
- “The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler
- “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – George S. Patton
- “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Education is nothing more, nor less, than learning to think.” – Peter A. Facione, Ph.D.; Insight Assessment
Everyone can learn to think better. Challenge yourself to exercise your thinking skills everyday. Check out the free sample critical thinking skills questions and sample items for measuring thinking attributes on our website. The Insight Assessment app, Critical Thinking Insight, free at your app store, includes free sample questions and a variety of purchasable assessments for adults and children. Reports for each self test include scores on specific components of thinking as well as analysis to help you interpret your scores and identify ways to help develop strength in each area covered by the tests.
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.