Given the centrality of critical thinking and quantitative reasoning at the core of general learning goals, it is not surprising that high quality assessment tools are essential.
NEASC-CIHE institutions rely on Insight Assessment to provide the tools necessary to demonstrate educational effectiveness and student success.
NEASC-CIHE accredited institutions must demonstrate institutional effectiveness through the achievement of general education goals. These include an expectation that student will have skills in inquiry and critical judgment to the level in keeping with generally accepted practice (Standard 4). Institutions must demonstrate that admitted students have a reasonable potential for success in the programs to which they are admitted (Standard 6).
Insight Assessment solutions provide:
- Our world-leading line of valid and reliable assessments of critical thinking skills, reasoning mindset and numeracy
- Cost-effective, secure, encrypted, app-based testing on computer or mobile device
- Objective data with externally benchmarked comparison percentiles
- Entry cohort assessment to support advising and student retention
- Comprehensive score reports for each student and group assessed
- Selective admissions and student placement data
- Individual student reports for employment portfolios
- Multi-lingual assessment capability
- Multi-campus, multi-department data collection capability
- Assessment results that guide curriculum development
- Evidence of educational achievement for performance based funding reports
- Teaching and learning resources for faculty and students