Weak critical thinking skills show themselves in many ways:
- dangerous and costly errors,
- repeated mistakes,
- bad decisions,
- failed systems,
- inaction when action is needed, the giving of bad advice,
- inaccurate assumptions, the poor design of training programs,
- the poor evaluation of educational curricula,
- the lack of anticipated action……
The list is long.
Weakness in critical thinking skill results in loss of opportunities, of financial resources, of relationships, and even loss of life. There is probably no other attribute more worthy of measure than critical thinking skills.