Assessing Support Staff
Build your flexible staffing team with a positive work ethic and strength in workplace thinking skills. INSIGHT Support brings a fast and thorough assessment to part time, temporary, seasonal and transient workforce who are often pivotal in maintaining group performance in critical areas such as customer service, loss prevention and overall quality.
INSIGHT Support, used as a screening tool, will improve the quality, ability and conscientiousness of these key worker groups. Clients can experience cost and time savings by using INSIGHT Support to streamline the review of large group or high turnover staffing needs.
New workers who are willing to grow
INSIGHT Support has been calibrated for entry level, temporary, seasonal or highly supervised staff whose primary responsibility is to complete their assigned tasks. Minimum 7th grade reading skills are recommended. These workers may work directly with customers or may be responsible for product creation or logistics.
INSIGHT Support measures:
- What personal habits of mind do test takers bring their work? How do they choose to apply their reasoning abilities? INSIGHT Support presents job situations that require test takers to make personal decisions based on their experience, beliefs, preferences and attitudes. Questions have been designed to measure the mental disciplines that impact how individual judgments are made.
- INSIGHT Support measures nine positive work ethic attributes: dependability, honesty, job commitment, workplace safety, professionalism, workplace tolerance, workplace flexibility, desire to work, desire to learn.
- Time required: 25 minutes
- Format: short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Workplace Thinking Skills
- INSIGHT Support problems present everyday scenarios which require staff to understand their job duties, understand directions, anticipate the consequences of decisions and to anticipate the needs of clients. Often employees in these jobs must be able to handle money, so some problems also require numeric reasoning skills necessary to understand what their job involves.
- Thinking skills measured by INSIGHT Support include understanding directions, seeing consequences, working with numbers and overall thinking skills.
- Time Allowed: 45 minutes
- Format: multiple choice questions requiring basic job-related thinking skills.
INSIGHT Support is calibrated to measure the workplace thinking skills that will keep your company running efficiently. Contact us today to discuss how to get the data you need to build a strong staff.
INSIGHT Support is a member of the INSIGHT Business suite which includes Executive, Professional and Staff level assessments. INSIGHT offers specialized Health, Educator, First Responder, Science and Engineering, Law/Government and Defense assessments.
Build a support staffing team that is well-prepared for today and eager to learn about your company plans for tomorrow.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Support have been calibrated to measure work ethic and work-related thinking skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills and mindset attributes. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
Support Work Ethic
Desire to Work
Desire to Learn
Workplace Thinking Skills
OVERALL Thinking Skills
Working with Numbers
Contact us to learn more
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get you started in 24 hours.
Superior assessment & training support
Every step of INSIGHT Client Services, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
INSIGHT Client Services provide solutions
- Better Client Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results. Our testing specialists will help you get the data needed to develop effective employees.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.