INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional
Strength in solving complex scientific and technological problems
Identify science and engineering professionals with the positive thinking mindset and excellent critical thinking skills that are essential for complex problem solving and decision making.
Critical Thinking Is Essential for Scientists and Engineers
In a world dominated by technology, scientific and engineering professionals are key to business success. Knowledge is power, but it is not the whole story. The mindset and reasoning skills to put that knowledge to use are vital, if that knowledge is to be applied successfully. The speed and the volume of scientific and technological advances is staggering. Only resourceful science and engineering professionals with excellent critical thinking skills will be able to use those advances to solve the problems and to make the decisions necessary to achieve and maintain competitive advantage.
Talent spotting and skills development
Developed in consultation with industry leaders INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional (INSIGHT SE Pro) has been calibrated to objectively measure the mindset attributes and critical thinking skills that motivate and enable professionals working in these disciplines to contribute in a significant way to solving structurally, technologically, and scientifically complex problems.
Clients using INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional find immediate value from their initiatives to strengthen thinking skills and mindset in new hires or current employees. Our comprehensive individual reports provide relevant, actionable data to:
- Objectively screen skills and mindset of candidates to identify individuals with the greatest potential to succeed
- Proactively identify individual and team areas of strength and areas for improvement to focus employee development programs
- Quantify performance potential and determine an individual’s fit for future roles and leadership
INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional measures Thinking Mindset
- The most successful science and engineering professionals have a mindset that includes being resourceful, collaborative, truth-seeking, open-minded, inquisitive, focused, organized and foresightful. Do your science and engineering employees and job candidates bring these mental attributes to their work? To determine whether a person manifests these important attributes INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional Mindset surveys the person’s beliefs and attitudes. The person’s responses are gathered, sorted, and scored to produce a profile of the thinking mindset with which the person approaches problem solving and decision making. Each mindset attribute is then characterized as not-manifested, positive, or strongly positive.
- Time Allowed: 30 minutes
- Format: short “agree-disagree” style items
INSIGHT Science and Engineering Measures Reasoning Skills
- Science and experience professionals rely on their thinking skill to solve complex problems and to make technically challenging decisions. Their knowledge must be up to date, their performance well practiced, and their thinking must be sound and logical. INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional Reasoning Skills Test provides an assessment of overall strength of their thinking skills. Using workplace related science and engineering scenarios, questions on the skills portion of the INSIGHT SE Pro challenge test takers to apply their thinking skills. The scenarios provide the context and the vital information needed to reason to the best option. The skills evaluated, in addition to an overall rating, are specific skills in analyzing situations, determining impacts, projecting outcomes, evaluating options, and explaining reasons.
- Time Allowed: 60 minutes
- Format: scenario based multiple choice questions requiring application of the core problem solving skills associated with professional level reasoning.
INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional is a complete solution.
Our app based assessment tools are easily administered 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users. An in-app tutorial makes it simple to administer the assessment.
INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional is one of the professional domain specific members of the INSIGHT suite of professional thinking tests. INSIGHT assessments are tailored for Business, Health, Defense, First Responder, Educator, Government/Law, and Science/Engineering. INSIGHT assesses decision-making skills and thinking mindset attributes in potential hires and employees at all levels of your organization.
INSIGHT Development Program is designed to improve decision-making in individuals as well as in teams. This unique training program combines a personal assessment of reasoning skills and mindset with a series of online self-instructional modules which guide participants through practical steps to improve their critical thinking. Modules stimulate a better understanding of the impact of skills in problem-solving and how to avoid common errors.
Contact us to start improving the critical thinking skills of science and engineering professionals in your organization.
Target highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and problem solving skills needed to achieve your company’s goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional (INSIGHT SE Pro) have been calibrated to measure the professional mindset and problem solving skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills and mindset. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
Science and Engineering Professional Mindset
- Confidence in Reasoning
- Maturity of Judgment
Overall Science and Engineering Reasoning Skills
Contact us today if you want to identify and develop science and engineering professionals with the positive thinking mindset and excellent critical thinking skills that are essential for complex problem solving and decision making.
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get your started in 24 hours.
Superior Assessment and Training Services
Every step of our full-service process, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
- Better Customer Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—easy and efficient assessment data collection with our secure, encrypted, multilingual online interface, available 24-7, easily administered at single or multiple sites, at test centers, to groups & to individuals. INSIGHT assessments and training modules. INSIGHT Development Program online training modules are available on a secure exclusive website.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- More Usable Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results
Contact us to get data that works for you.
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.