INSIGHT Health Staff
INSIGHT Health Staff assesses the reasoning skills and motivation of clinical support staff.
Improve Clinical Care delivery
INSIGHT Health Staff is an essential tool when the goal is to develop a clinical staff with the work ethic and problem solving skills to deliver quality care across your clinical specialties.
Dedicated and highly competent health care staff are essential members of high performing clinical teams. In a culture of high quality performance, these health staff members must be motivated to solve day to day problems or perform key clinical functions. They are expected to be able to follow expected routines, policies, protocols and procedures. They are often responsible for supervising, training and leading others within their group.
Staff ready for new or additional responsibilities
Every day your institution risks the impact of poor problem solving or sloppy work ethic on patient care. That’s why you need to find and develop internal and external candidates who can think well, communicate well and who are committed to providing quality care. When you make INSIGHT Health Staff a key element of your hiring and review process, you will increase the quality and value of reasoning throughout your organization.
Errors are reduced when benchmarks are established for thinking competencies.
INSIGHT Health Staff is delivered electronically as a complete on-the-job solution. Assessments are delivered via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface or through an internal corporate intranet.
The test items on INSIGHT Health Staff are set in every day clinical practice contexts that require individuals being assessed to apply their problem solving skills and to demonstrate positive work ethic.
Used as a staff development tool or as a component of applicant evaluation, this tool permits managers to establish strong reasoning skills as a requirement for all positions.
INSIGHT: Health Staff measures:
Work Ethic Mindset
- The mindset assessment measures the job-related motivation needed for thoughtful problem solving. Questions for this assessment have been designed to measure the mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made at this level of clinical responsibility. Nine metrics are reported: Honesty, Dependability, Professionalism, Organization, Foresight, Desire to Learn, Desire to Think, Workplace Safety, and Workplace Tolerance. High scores are positively correlated with a strong desire to apply one’s reasoning skills in problem solving at this level and with the capacity to benefit from educational training.
- Time Allowed: 25 minutes
- Format: short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Problem Solving Skills
- Poorly reasoned decisions result in errors and poor patient outcomes. This assessment of overall strength of thinking skills and identifies areas for future development. Test items present everyday scenarios set in everyday clinical practice contexts which require the application of clinical thinking skills. Metrics reported include Overall Problem Solving Skill, Situation Comprehension, Anticipating Outcomes, Evaluating Choices, and Numeric Literacy. Strong quantitative reasoning skills are necessary to correctly identify optimal outcomes.
- Time Allowed: 50 minutes
- Format: health workplace scenario-based multiple choice question
Contact us to learn how INSIGHT Health Staff will save you money when it becomes a key component of your initiatives to increase efficiency and promote high quality healthcare provision throughout your facility.
INSIGHT Health Staff is a customized member of the INSIGHT Health array of assessments for patient facing staff. The INSIGHT suite features specialized Business, Health, Science and Engineering, Educator, First Responder, Law/Government and Defense assessments at the Executive, Professional, Staff and Support level.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Health Staff have been calibrated to assess the work ethic and workplace problem solving skills needed by effective health staff members. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills land mindset attributes.
Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects of critical thinking in healthcare:
Health Staff Work Ethic
Desire to Learn
Desire to Think
Workplace Problem Solving Skills
OVERALL Problem Solving Skill
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get your started in 24 hours.
Superior Assessment and Training Services
Every step of our full-service process, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
- Better Customer Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—easy and efficient assessment data collection with our secure, encrypted, multilingual online interface, available 24-7, easily administered at single or multiple sites, at test centers, to groups & to individuals. INSIGHT assessments and training modules. INSIGHT Development Program online training modules are available on a secure exclusive website.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- More Usable Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results
Contact us to get data that works for you.
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.