INSIGHT Health Professional
Assessments for Your Clinical Professionals in Health Sciences
Target highly skilled practitioners with the lifelong learning mindset and reasoning skills to deliver quality care across your clinical specialties. INSIGHT Health Professional is calibrated for knowledgeable and experienced clinicians who make high-stakes decisions about patient care, provide specialized services to patients, or manage departments.
Poorly reasoned decisions have major consequences in health care. Healthcare organizations rely on health professionals to follow the proper protocols, reduce unnecessary interventions, and provide evidence-based treatments. That’s why hospitals and medical centers need to find and develop health professionals who can think well, communicate well and who are committed to providing quality care.
Spot Talent and Facilitate Development in Healthcare
Healthcare organizations must be confident that they are developing a high-performing clinical staff. Reasoning skills and mindset are measurable proficiencies. INSIGHT Health Professional test items are set in professional practice contexts which challenge test-takers to apply their clinical reasoning skills and demonstrate lifelong learning attributes. Comprehensive individual reports enable health care organizations to:
- Quickly screen the thinking skills and mindset of candidates for new positions.
- Foster strong decision-making skills and professionalism competencies for all staff members.
- Proactively identify strengths and weaknesses in the key skills and attributes that lead to quality patient care.
- Identify performance potential and determine an individual’s fit for future roles and leadership.
INSIGHT Health Professional is a complete on-the-job solution; it provides valuable objective metrics for the prescreening evaluations of new employees and for ongoing staff development programs focused on strengthening competencies. Assessments are easily administered via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface utilizing internal corporate intranets or your Learning Management Systems.
INSIGHT Health Professional Measures:
Health Professional Mindset
- INSIGHT Health Professional assesses the professional mindset identified as desirable in clinicians with strength in clinical reasoning: truthseeking, open-mindedness, analyticity, systematicity, confidence in reasoning, inquisitiveness and maturity of judgment.
- To determine whether a person manifests these important attributes, INSIGHT Health Professional surveys the personal beliefs and attitudes. Responses are gathered, sorted, and scored, producing a profile of the lifelong learning mindset with which this individual approaches problem-solving and decision-making. Each mindset attribute is then characterized as not-manifested, positive, or strongly positive.
- Formatted as short “Agree/Disagree” items, the test can be completed in 30 minutes.
Health Professional Reasoning Skills
- INSIGHT Health Professional also provides an assessment of the strength of critical thinking skills, while identifying areas for future development. Using clinical and professional practice related scenarios, questions on the skills portion of INSIGHT Health Professional challenge test-takers to apply their skills. The scenarios provide the context and the vital information needed for reasoning to select the best option.
- The skills evaluated, in addition to an overall rating, include analysis, interpretation, inference, evaluation, explanation, induction, deduction and numeracy.
- Presented as health scenario-based, multiple choice items, the time allocated for completion of the test is 55 minutes.
Improve the Quality of Decision-making
Build your healthcare dream team, adept at improving patient outcomes by anticipating problem situations and making good judgments in challenging contexts. When you make INSIGHT Health Professional a key element of your hiring and review process, you increase the quality and value of decision-making throughout your organization. INSIGHT Health provides the proven tools and the objective metrics you need to make good employee management decisions.
When critical thinking skills and lifelong learning mindset gaps are discovered, Insight Assessment recommends our INSIGHT Development Program, a totally turnkey online training solution. This series of educational modules allows for the positive self-transformation of your participants, learning at their own pace, 24/7/365. It can be set up as a stand-alone product or incorporated seamlessly into your current quality initiatives.
INSIGHT Health provides the proven tools and the objective metrics that you require to identify and develop the best healthcare talent.
Contact us to learn how to implement INSIGHT Health Professional as a key component of your initiatives to increase efficiency and promote high quality healthcare provision throughout your facility.
INSIGHT Health Professional is one of the professional domain-specific components of the INSIGHT suite of professional thinking tests are tailored for Business, Health, Educators, Defense, First Responder, Government/Law, and Science/Engineering. INSIGHT assesses decision-making skills and thinking mindset attributes in potential hires and employees at all levels of your organization.
Metrics to build a highly effective healthcare team
INSIGHT Health Professional delivers objective metrics for the prescreening evaluations of new employees and for ongoing staff development programs focused on strengthening competencies.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Health Professional have been calibrated to measure the health professional mindset and reasoning skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills and mindset.
Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key components of critical thinking:
Health Professional Mindset
- Confidence in Reasoning
- Maturity of Judgment
OVERALL Reasoning Skill
INSIGHT Health Reports
Get the reliable data needed for hiring, promoting and future planning
INSIGHT Health solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making. Clear concise reports include graphics and charts to provide objective, relevant individual and group analytics. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT Health products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills in clinical and professional practice contexts.
Purchase of INSIGHT assessments includes our Users Guide which includes a information on how to optimally interpret Insight Assessment results reports.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates superior, strong, moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were not manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT Health assessment instrument.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical thinking skills and mindset evaluated
INSIGHT Health assessments include two sets of evaluations; skills and mindset. Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus an overall numeric score.
Contact us to see a sample group report.
Within hours you will receive a comprehensive individual and/or group report. Individuals can see their results instantly upon completion or they will be sent to your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results
INSIGHT solutions are the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30+ years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Health care organizations must be confident they are developing a high performing clinical staff.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today . We can get you started in 24 hours.
Superior Assessment and Training Services
Every step of our full-service process, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
- Better Customer Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible..
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us to get data that works for you.
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
Some of the current translations of the INSIGHT Health Professional are listed below. Insight Assessment is constantly working on expanding the multilingual capabilities of our products. If you do not see what you are specifically looking for, please contact us to determine if it is available
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.