Assessments for senior leaders:
Identify strategists who can evaluate options, anticipate consequences, set priorities and determine the critical factors affecting the outcome of decisions.
Directional Leadership Management
Build a business leadership team with the clear vision of what is coming and the insight to guide your company to reach its goals. INSIGHT Executive is designed specifically for members of the corporate leadership team. Added to a search process, INSIGHT Executive offers key insights on the qualifications of candidates and informs decisions on advancement to senior management roles. As a self-assessment, INSIGHT Executive offers a view into the strengths of the current leadership team and direction for development. Derive more value by assessing staff at all levels using INSIGHT to see a holistic view of your organization’s strengths.
Great minds leading you into the future
INSIGHT Executive has been calibrated to measure leadership attributes and decision skills at the highest corporate levels such as C-Suite executives, upper management, division heads, directors, and vice presidents. This assessment focuses on individuals responsible for setting and executing corporate direction and strategies.
- What leadership attributes do business executives bring to their work? How do they choose to apply their strategic thinking abilities? INSIGHT Executive identifies individuals who are discerning, honorable, foresightful, professional, driven, judicious, tolerant, incisive, innovative and motivational in their decision-making. To determine whether a person manifests these important attributes, INSIGHT Executive surveys the person’s beliefs and attitudes. The person’s responses are gathered, sorted, and scored to produce a profile of the thinking mindset with which the person approaches problem solving and decision making. Each mindset attribute is then characterized as not-manifested, positive, or strongly positive.
- Time Allowed: 30 minutes
- Format: short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Executive Decision Skills
- INSIGHT Executive presents business situations or challenges that require personal decisions based on experience, beliefs, preferences and values in the context of what’s best for the company. These complex scenarios include judgments that must be made with conflicting or incomplete data involving internal or external challenges. Dilemmas require the application of reasoning skills outside the context of everyday knowledge sets to evaluate far-reaching strategic decisions in situations of risk. Strong quantitative reasoning skills are necessary to correctly identify optimal outcomes. The scenarios provide the context and the vital information needed to reason to the best option. The skills evaluated, in addition to an overall rating, are specific skills in analyzing situations, determining impacts, projecting outcomes, evaluating options, and explaining reasons.
- Time Allowed: 60 minutes
- Format: scenario-based multiple choice questions requiring the critical reasoning skills vital for executive and senior managerial leadership decision making.
Contact us to see how INSIGHT Executive delivers the key insights on the qualifications of candidates needed for decisions on advancement to senior management roles.
INSIGHT Executive is a member of the INSIGHT suite of thinking assessments. Specialized Business, Health, Law, Science and Engineering, Educator, First Responder and Defense assessments are available at the Professional, Staff or Support level.
Build a leadership team with the clear vision of what is coming and the insight to guide your company to reach its goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Executive have been calibrated to measure the executive mindset and decision skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of thinking skills and mindset. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following decision skills:
- Driven: committed to the vigorous pursuit of professional excellence, with a consuming internal demand to achieve the vision of the organization.
- Discerning: displays courage and objectivity in decision making; when making difficult decisions, they tend to ask the tough questions, to follow reasons and evidence wherever they lead, and to give due consideration to competing points of view.
- Honorable: conducts themselves with integrity, honesty, ethics and truthfulness in communication and behavior.
- Foresightful: alert to potential difficulties, always striving to foresee consequences, ready to use reasoning and fact finding to resolve difficulties and foreseeable problems.
- Judicious: displays maturity and thoughtfulness in decision making, recognizing that some problems are ill-structured, that often there is more than one reasonable option, and that poor decisions should be dispassionately revisited.
- Incisive: capable of making those strategic decisions that are tough but necessary to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Tolerant: respects diversity in the workplace, including showing due respect for different perspectives, opinions, and suggestions.
- Innovative: has an appetite for innovation, sees change as an opportunity for growth, is a resilient agent of change in fast paced or fluid environments.
- Motivational: capable of inspiring an entire organization, moving it forward with enthusiasm and energy, motivating others to give their best.
- Professional: limits socializing to that which is necessary to get the job done and to take an appropriate and professional approach to social interactions at work. Professionalism is vital to maintaining a proper focus on work responsibilities, facilitating collaboration, and providing positive leadership.
Executive Decision Skills
- Identify critical factors which will affect the outcome of a decision: A strongly skilled decision-maker requires excellent analytical and interpretive skills to determine the issues that must be addressed and accounted for in the deliberative and implementation phases.
- Evaluate options accurately and establish priorities: Effective leaders must be able to evaluate the quality of alternatives and explain the reasons behind that evaluation.
- Anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences: In order to see the applications and the implications of regulations, policies, basic assumptions, core principles and protocols which both shape and constrain decision making, strong strategists must draw logical inferences in precisely defined and tightly structured contexts.
- Navigate risk and uncertainty: Successful managers must be able to see the most probable and best justified inferences to draw in contexts where the information given may be uncertain or ambiguous, or where the best inference is not a foregone conclusion.
- Reason well in contexts requiring quantitative analysis: Leaders must be able to analyze, interpret and evaluate vital information that is presented in charts, graphs, text or tables; they must understand what the numbers mean and how they impact options.
- Overall Decision Skills: the integration of thinking and reasoning skills to address business leadership decision making at the senior management level.
Measure the decision skills and mindset leaders need to achieve company goals
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get you started in 24 hours.
Contact us today to learn more about our evidence-based solutions and tools.
Superior assessment & training support
Every step of INSIGHT Client Services, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
INSIGHT Client Services provide solutions
- Better Client Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results. Our testing specialists will help you get the data needed to develop effective employees.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.