INSIGHT Educator Professional
Assessments for Professors, Teachers, Mentors, Coaches and Trainers
Identify and develop educators who demonstrate the critical thinking strength necessary to effectively train critical thinking.
INSIGHT Educator Professional is designed to help educators and trainers assess the current strength of their critical thinking skills and mindset to continue their personal growth.
Talent Spotting and Development
INSIGHT Educator Professional is used by institutions and organizations responsible for preparing educators to have the reasoning skills and mindset attributes needed to model and develop critical thinking skills in students or trainees.
The assessments that comprise the INSIGHT product line have been developed over the past two decades through the collaboration of industry leaders, cognitive scientists, psychometric experts, and expert trainers of reasoning and decision-making.
INSIGHT Educator Professional Data Reports
INSIGHT Educator Professional provides group reports that can be vitally important to guide future training, candidate evaluation and employee development purposes. Uses for the report data include:
- Cohort Assessment – to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a group of individuals entering an educational program.
- Outcomes Assessment – to evaluate the overall success of the group as compared to expectations, external criterion or to the group’s own starting point (INSIGHT Educator pre-test) scores.
- Demonstrating the Quality of an Educational Intervention – to determine whether a program is achieving the learning outcomes for which it was designed, e.g. increasing the reasoning skills of participants or strengthening their mental disciplines.
- Staff Development – to measure the relative strengths of various employee groups or to assess the readiness of the group to undergo more advanced training.
INSIGHT Educator Professional individual assessment reports demonstrate the personal and professional relevance and value of personal skills. Printable personal reports provide realistic analysis of strengths and weaknesses in 15 core components of excellence in thinking and reasoning.
INSIGHT Educator Professional Measures Critical Thinking Mindset
- The most effective educators are foresightful, focused, adaptable, resourceful, team-oriented, unbiased, and professional. They communicate with confidence and demonstrate intellectual integrity. INSIGHT Educator Professional Part One is a valid and reliable assessment, providing the individual with a personal profile of these specific attributes relevant to problem solving and decision making.
- Time Limit: 30 minutes
- Format: short “agree-disagree“style items
INSIGHT Educator Professional Measures Critical Thinking Skills
- In addition to providing a valid and reliable overall rating, individual scores are provided for these specific skill areas: analyzing situations, determining impacts, projecting outcomes, evaluating options, and explaining reasons. The OVERALL skills score takes all areas into consideration and presents an integrated assessment. INSIGHT Educator Professional Part Two uses scenarios relevant to educational settings to assess critical thinking skills. The scenarios provide the context and the vital information needed to reason to the best option.
- Time Limit: 55 minutes
- Format: multiple choice format using text & data scenarios
For Educators Dedicated to Lifelong Growth in Critical Thinking
The best teachers of critical thinkers are engaged in a life-long effort to improve their own thinking skills and mindset attributes, constantly attentive to how well they are recognizing and analyzing problems, how well they have resolved them, and where they may be unknowingly and habitually committing common reasoning errors.
Insight Educator Professional is frequently integrated into initiatives to strengthen critical thinking in educational settings. Objective data about the relative strengths of various employee groups or to assess the readiness of the group to undergo more advanced training is valuable for staff development programs.
Consider adopting the Insight Development Program, a proven online training program that pairs INSIGHT Educator with self-instructional training modules that address all of the metrics that have been assessed.
INSIGHT Educator is a Complete Solution
Our app based assessment tools are easily administered 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users. An in-app tutorial makes it simple to administer the assessment.
Our assessment specialist welcome the opportunity to discuss how INSIGHT Educator will help you strengthen the training and development of critical thinking.
INSIGHT Educator Professional is one of the professional domain specific members of the INSIGHT suite of professional thinking tests. INSIGHT assessments are tailored for Business, Health, Defense, First Responder, Government/Law, and Science/Engineering. INSIGHT assesses decision-making skills and thinking mindset attributes in potential hires and employees at all levels of your organization.
Identify and develop highly skilled educators with the reasoning skills and professional mindset needed to effectively train critical thinking.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Educator Professional have been calibrated to assess the professional mindset and problem solving skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills and mindset. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
Professional Mindset Attributes
Part One of INSIGHT Educator assesses nine attributes that are regarded as essential for leadership, and essential for the exercise and expression of reasoned judgment in decision making contexts:
- Intellectual Integrity
- Communicative Confidence
- Professional Confidence
Professional Critical Thinking Skills
Part Two of INSIGHT Educator is an objective assessment of the core reasoning skills essential for leaders who mentor, teach, coach or train other to think critically:
- OVERALL score for Critical Thinking – holistic assessment of critical thinking skills
- Problem Analysis – problem interpretation and analysis
- Precise Contexts – drawing logical inferences in structured contexts (deductive reasoning)
- Evaluating Alternatives – explaining and evaluating different possible options
- Ambiguous Contexts – drawing well-warranted inferences in uncertain contexts
- Quantitative Contexts – applying critical thinking skills to numerical contexts
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get you started in 24 hours.
Superior assessment & training support
Every step of INSIGHT Client Services, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
INSIGHT Client Services provide solutions
- Better Client Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results. Our testing specialists will help you get the data needed to develop effective employees.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.