The CJCS have determined that leadership at all levels requires individuals and teams that are able to evaluate options anticipate problems, prepare for contingencies, and take action to achieve mission objectives even in situations of risk and uncertainty. INSIGHT Defense assessments measure the essential leadership mindset and reasoning skills, including critical thinking at all levels of your organization.
INSIGHT Defense: Customized solutions for all your staffing needs
- INSIGHT Defense Professional: Officers, senior NCOs, and civilian managers with operational planning and leadership responsibilities in staff or line positions.
- INSIGHT Defense Staff: Skilled enlisted and civilian personnel with tactical planning and leadership responsibilities required to achieve the intended command objectives.
- INSIGHT Executive: Senior executives with a broad span of control and strategic responsibilities at the highest levels of an organization.
- INSIGHT Business Professional: Business Professionals: Middle level leadership, highly skilled staff members, with independent responsibilities.
- INSIGHT Business Staff: Core staff: Permanent, experienced and trusted staff; may supervise, train and lead other members of their team; often have access to key technology or machinery.
- INSIGHT Support: Support staff with well-defined operational support functions, duties or tasks; temporary, seasonal or highly supervised staff.
- INSIGHT Law Professional: lawyers and other legal professionals.
Build strong leadership teams
Defense contractors and military organization use INSIGHT assessments for hiring and placement, for employee development initiatives and to build strong leadership teams.
INSIGHT assessment instruments offer a complete array of customized, comprehensive solutions. Each INSIGHT assessment has been calibrated to measure and provide metrics for the professional mindset and essential reasoning skills required for success at the targeted levels of responsibility
Detailed and easy to understand individual and group results can be forwarded electronically to your test administrator, and at your discretion to the test taker, within minutes of the completion of the assessment.
INSIGHT Defense is a member of the INSIGHT suite of thinking tests. INSIGHT Defense provides an array of assessments for leaders with duties related to the defense of the nation. The INSIGHT suite includes instruments calibrated for specifically for employees of business, health, law, science and engineering, defense and education specializations. INSIGHT Development Program is a proven suite of online thinking skills and mindset enrichment modules and assessment metrics that focuses on improving the quality of employee decision-making.
Contact us today to create the INSIGHT solution that will strengthen your entire organization.
INSIGHT – Assess the thinking mindset and reasoning skills that move organizations forward.
Critical thinking was specifically identified as one of the six Desired Leadership Attributes for officers.
In 2015 critical thinking was added to the DLAs for enlisted personnel. This makes the development of critical thinking skills and mindset attributes a priority for professional military education today. And, it makes the objective assessment of those skills and attributes a necessity.
Even before the memoranda from the CJCS, in response to the growing realization that effective leadership and problem solving required the very skills and attributes that comprise strong critical thinking, Insight Assessment developed assessments calibrated for military personnel and trainees.
INSIGHT Defense is a suite of professionally oriented tests to assess the essential leadership mindset and reasoning skills, including critical thinking, at all levels of the organization including field operations, senior leadership and business operations
Military and Defense Critical Thinking Inventory (MDCTI) is an academically oriented assessment intended for use with undergraduate and graduate level students or applicants to military education programs and colleges
Not only is critical thinking a DLA in its own right, but the elements of strong critical thinking are essential for the achievement of several of the other DLA’s.
The ability to operate on command intent requires the mindset attributes of professional confidence, teamwork, and the reasoning skills of analysis and interpretation. Leaders must be able to determine intent in order to use initiative to carry out mission objectives.
The ability to make sound ethical decisions requires the maturity of judgment, focus, and integrity that are characteristic of strong critical thinking, along with the skills of inference and evaluation to determine what the ethical course of action may be in any given situation. And,
The ability to anticipate, communicate and mitigate risks requires the attributes of communicative confidence and foresight, and the reasoning skills of analysis, deduction and induction in order to identify those risks and to anticipate correctly various possible courses of action.
In addition to evaluating the strength of overall critical thinking, each of these more specific attributes and reasoning skills is measured by INSIGHT Defense Professional and the MDCTI. This enables military educators to identify the strengths of each individual and to focus educational energies on specific attributes and skills that may require more attention.
Working with the advice and support of leaders and experts, civilian and military, retired and active, of the US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Army, US Navy and Joint Special Operations, INSIGHT Defense and the MDCTI were built upon assessment science. The science of learning tells us that critical thinking is developed through education, often by challenging cherished assumptions, demanding sound and evidence-based explanations for decisions, and insisting on the courageous pursuit of reasons and evidence wherever they may lead. The valid and objective measurement of skills and mindset attributes demands questions that engage a person’s reasoning skills and address the person’s values, intentions, and beliefs.
High stakes thought processes are critical in the military. All branches of our military services have used MDCTI or INSIGHT Defense metrics to target and evaluate educational programs that prioritize developing decisions skills based on solid mindsets. Contact us to discuss incorporating assessment into your programs.
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get you started in 24 hours.
Superior assessment & training support
Every step of INSIGHT Client Services, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
INSIGHT Client Services provide solutions
- Better Client Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results. Our testing specialists will help you get the data needed to develop effective employees.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today