INSIGHT Business Professional
Critical thinking assessments for operational team leaders
Measure mindset and problem-solving skills fundamental to decision-making at professional levels.
Business revenue and growth depends upon executives who are able to provide purposeful reflective judgement. These leaders exercise thoughtful analysis, inference, interpretation and evaluation. Furthermore, excellence in communication allows them to convey their conclusions in order to resolve complex situations.
Hire and promote the best to foster a culture of critical thinking throughout your organization.
INSIGHT Business Professional is an essential tool for the sustainability of your organization to be agile, resilient and evolve into the future. This assessment objectively measures the core critical thinking skills and mindset attributes needed for problem-solving, creativity and innovation in the workplace.
Hiring, onboarding and talent development improves when supported by analytical data regarding individual as well as your team’s strengths and weaknesses. Skill gaps can be addressed and hidden potential uncovered.
Talent screening and development
INSIGHT Business Professional has been calibrated to measure the business problem solving skills of middle-level leaders, supervisors, managers and highly skilled staff who are accountable to senior management.
These operational team leaders are responsible for key operations, oversee staff and are authorized to facilitate initiatives to satisfy company objectives.
Business professional lifelong learning mindset
The most successful business professionals are open-minded, judicious, committed, honorable, foresightful, professional, focused, tolerant, adaptable, resourceful and driven in generating solutions. To determine whether an employee or candidate manifests these important attributes, INSIGHT Business Professional surveys their beliefs and attitudes.
- Analysis, of the responses, compiles a comprehensive profile of the thinking mindset with which this individual approaches problem-solving and decision- Each specific mindset attribute is, then, further characterized as not-manifested, positive, or strongly positive.
- Time required: 30 minutes.
- Format: Short “Agree/Disagree” presented queries.
Business professional critical thinking
High-stakes situations require critically important tactical and strategic decisions every day. INSIGHT Business Professional provides an assessment of overall strength of critical thinking skills.
- Using workplace related business scenarios, questions on the skills portion of the INSIGHT Business Professional will challenge test takers to apply their decision-making skills. These scenarios provide the context and information needed to apply reason in order to arrive at the best option.
- Skills evaluated include problem analysis; evaluating alternatives; anticipating outcomes; problem solving in contexts of risk, and quantitative reasoning. An overall rating is also provided.
- Time Allowed: 50 minutes.
- Format: Business-oriented, scenario–based, multiple-choice questions (requiring application of the core problem-solving skills associated with strong business professional level reasoning).
Assessment solutions designed for your industry
INSIGHT Business Professional is a part of the INSIGHT Business suite which also includes assessments calibrated for business employees—throughout your organization—at executive, staff and support levels..
INSIGHT features customized professional assessments, customized for:
- INSIGHT Health Professional,
- INSIGHT Educator Professional,
- INSIGHT Law Professional,
- INSIGHT First Responder,
- INSIGHT Defense Professional, and
- INSIGHT Science and Engineering Professional.
The training modules of INSIGHT Development Program are focused on improving the quality of decision-making. Designed to be used as an independent study by employees, anytime, anywhere, it can also be incorporated into existing training programs.
Contact us to discuss how INSIGHT Business Professional will help your company flourish.
Assess 15 Essential Skills for Business Professionals
You need to identify highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and problem solving skills to achieve your company’s goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Business Professional have been calibrated to measure 15 essential mindset and decision-making skills. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and the application of critical thinking skills and mindset. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for these key aspects of strong thinking:
Business Professional Mindset
- Judicious: To display thoughtfulness in decision-making and an awareness that there is often more than one reasonable option and that poor decisions should be dispassionately revisited.
- Committed: To be loyally oriented to the job, company goals and mission.
- Honorable: To conduct oneself with personal integrity, honesty and truthfulness.
- Foresightful: To strive to anticipate potential difficulties and to foresee consequences of decisions.
- Focused: To persistently focus on working through problems in an organized, systematic and orderly way.
- Adaptable: To be resilient, with an appetite for innovation and system changes.
- Resourceful: To be driven to find the means necessary to fulfill responsibilities; self-reliant.
- Tolerant: To respect diversity in the workplace, including showing due respect for different perspectives, opinions, and suggestions.
- Motivational: To communicate enthusiasm for the work at hand and inspires others to give their best.
- Professional: To take an appropriate approach to social interactions at work; maintains focus on work responsibilities.
Business Critical Thinking Skills
- Problem Analysis: The ability to analyze problem situations and identify the significance of the critical data elements. A strongly skilled problem solver uses analysis and interpretation skills to determine the issues that must be addressed and to understand the complexities of the problem.
- Evaluating Alternatives: The ability to evaluate options accurately and establish priorities. A successful business professional can differentiate the quality of different possible choices and explain the reasons for their decisions.
- Precise Contexts: The deductive reasoning skills necessary to anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences. Effective business professionals need to be able to see applications and implications of executive directives, company policies and regulations which shape and constrain their problem solving.
- Ambiguous contexts: Problem solving in contexts of risk, ambiguity and uncertainty. Strength in inductive and inferential reasoning lead problem solvers to determine the solution that has the strongest likelihood of success, given information at hand.
- Quantitative Contexts: The ability to reason well in contexts involving numerical data. Business problem solvers must demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate vital information presented in a variety of numerical formats in order to reach an optimal solution.
- Overall Reasoning Skills: The integration of thinking and reasoning skills needed to make operational decisions and to address problem situations at the business professional organizational levels.
INSIGHT Business Professional measures the skills and mindset needed to meet company goals.
What do you get?
Relevant, easy to read, easy to use results.
All INSIGHT solutions feature customized professional assessments and comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of 15 key aspects of decision making.
Employee assessments include INSIGHT Business, INSIGHT Health, INSIGHT Law, INSIGHT First Responder, INSIGHT Defense, INSIGHT Educator and INSIGHT Science and Engineering. INSIGHT Development Program includes access to an assessment metric and performance reporting tools.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable data analysis you need for hiring, promoting, training and future planning.
INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level– or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core critical thinking skills in the required decision-making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
GROUP REPORTS for team assessment, ranking candidates, talent identification
- Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Critical Thinking skills and mindset evaluated
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business employee mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results: proven, validated, used worldwide
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high impact measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make important objective decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition. Contact us today. We can get you started in 24 hours.
Superior assessment & training support
Every step of INSIGHT Client Services, from purchase and adoption through product delivery and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need.
For over 30 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions and training. We specialize in cost effective, full service solutions for measuring decision making skills and mindset attributes.
INSIGHT clients stay with us because they receive undeniable value for their assessment programs.
INSIGHT Client Services provide solutions
- Better Client Service, More Customer Confidence in Results—personalized consultations on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results.
- HR Friendly Support—assistance is provided to assist in the integration of the assessment and improvement of thinking skills and mindset into HR procedures.
- Ease of Use—Insight Assessment manages logins/passwords, assignments; all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing or training. Tech support is available 24/7.
- More Reliability, Less Effort and Risk for Your Staff—Secure online testing is available 24x7x365 with our multilingual delivery options. Our online system provides the option of taking our assessments and training on virtually any device. The online test-taker interface is easy to use, data encrypted and flexible.
- More Metrics, Easier to Use—results delivered within minutes providing comprehensive analytical data on the strengths and weaknesses of test taker thought processes.
- More Well-Reasoned Decisions, Fewer Errors—prioritizing good thinking reduces poor problem analysis and missed opportunities, increasing performance and efficiency of individuals and teams.
- Validated, Objective Data, Less File Filler—specific individual and group report data that is applicable for hiring, talent development, focused professional development initiatives, program evaluation.
- More Business Context, More Relevance—three dimensional scenarios and business situations are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of reasoning required to function in corporate positions.
- More Accurate Data, Better Reports—measurements provided for Overall Thinking plus 15 core problem solving skills and mental disciplines that impact how decisions are made.
- More Options, Better Fit with Your Needs—test instruments calibrated for business, academic, health care, defense and legal organizations; available in more than 20 languages.
INSIGHT clients depend on us to manage the process from account setup and support to quick and confidential delivery of results. Our testing specialists will help you get the data needed to develop effective employees.
Call us at 650-697-5628 or contact us today
Insight Assessment invites you to follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT.
Translations of INSIGHT Business Professional
Some of the current translations of the INSIGHT Business Professional are listed below. Insight Assessment is constantly working on expanding the multilingual capabilities of our products. If you do not see what you are specifically looking for, please contact us to determine if it is available.
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.