Increase student engagement: provide individual student critical thinking reports
Optimize your assessment program. Insight Assessment education clients are increasingly choosing the option of offering printable individual reports to students after critical thinking testing is completed.
A job skill for the future
Regardless of degree program, strong critical thinking predicts college student success, professional licensure, job hire, and government service rank. Critical thinking is one of the key skills valued by employers in all industries. High potential talent has the capacity to think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems.
Make it real: the value of personal critical thinking reports
To increase student engagement, make it personal. Individual reports help students see why strength in critical thinking is personally important to them–and why the assessment is important for their future. It’s a win/win situation when students are motivated to engage in the assessment process.
- Engaged students are motivated to take assessments seriously because they see the personal value of good performance.
- Graduating students value the marketplace advantage they gain by having objective documentation of their critical thinking skills.
- Business and government agency clients tell us that they value the assessment of critical thinking for two reasons: first, to identify candidates with the mindset and reasoning skills to transition quickly into successful employees, and, second, to identify hires they can trust to resolve problems and manage risk.
Insight Assessment individual reports document specific strengths and weaknesses in critical thinking skills or lifelong learning mindset attributes. Scale descriptions define each element being measured and why it is important. Numeric scores and categorical rankings are reported for key components of critical thinking skill or mindset. Percentile comparisons to national norms are reported for critical thinking skills.
Students value this objective personal critical thinking analysis
They (and often parents) find the analysis provided in the personal assessments extremely useful as they prepare for their future careers:
- To make a realistic assessment of personal strengths and weaknesses in specific components of critical thinking based on the norm-referenced percentile scores.
- To understand how these skills and weaknesses impact the quality of their problem solving and decision making.
- To realize the value of improving their reasoning and how they can become a more effective person by improving thinking and problem solving.
- To identify and target specific areas for improvement.
- To gain insights into what types of courses and programs will benefit them.
- To add to their portfolio to serve as a credential that provides prospective employers with an objective indicator of the candidate’s thinking skills.
Providing individual reports demonstrates your commitment to student success and increases student engagement.
Critical thinking test instruments used globally for 30+ years
Well-designed assessment programs provide multidimensional benefits. Insight Assessment provides comprehensive group data and individual data that is essential metrics for program success. Our app based assessment tools are easily administered 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users.
By making critical more personally relevant to their lives and future, individual reports can increase student engagement in their academic experience.
Contact us today to discuss how providing individual reports or customized metrics to test takers will benefit your students as well as your overall assessment program.