Specifying goals for your Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is best done by obtaining some baseline data for your student group. This will allow you to target particular skills or habits of mind in the following years of the QEP project. Even so, it will be important to set realistic goals for your QEP. All of the following would be reasonable approaches to your QEP outcomes assessment in critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the attainment of a mean critical thinking skills score for your assessed students that compares favorably to the appropriate national norm comparison group,
- Demonstrate the attainment of a mean critical thinking skills score for your assessed students that significantly improves over time (pretest/post test comparison for individuals and groups).
- Demonstrate support for learning by documenting that students who initially score in the deficient range now demonstrate moderate critical thinking skill sufficient to benefit from programs of post secondary education.
- For Honors Programs Assessment: Demonstrate the attainment of an increasing proportion of students with superior strength in critical thinking skills and disposition.
- General education goal: Demonstrate the attainment of a mean dispositional profile that is indicative of the habits of mind needed for strength in critical thinking.
For further information see: How do we create a SACS QEP competency for critical thinking?
For more information on the support Insight Assessment provides for SACS QEP and Accreditation.
For information about Insight Assessment support for other regional accreditation conferences
Our mission at Insight Assessment is to assist educational institutions to achieve their goals for student learning. Test adoption includes a staff consultation to assist you in developing attainable QEP goals that will have measurable benefits for your students. Contact us to discuss your QEP testing needs.