EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 is specifically designed to measure the motivation toward problem solving and learning of children in kindergarten through second grade.
Critical thinking is the key to educational success throughout the world.
Educators know that the ability and the willingness to learn are interdependent—and that if students aren’t motivated to do the work of learning, their progress will be limited across the curriculum. Since children do not learn at the same pace and in the same way, early measurements of a student’s motivation to learn can provide important individual and group diagnostics that impact the development of that student’s thinking skills.
Quick, easy to administer, EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 delivers results that are locally relevant immediately. Given at the beginning and/or end of the school year, reports can be used to:
- Identify and provide reliable data about students needing more support or who are less learning oriented so that optimal individualized instruction and learning strategies can be developed.
- Provide objective group data on a class as learners so teachers can strategically plan curriculum and activities, incorporating how students learn as well as what they need to learn
- Track development of mental motivation attributes: use of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series allows comparison of student development throughout elementary, middle and high school.
- Assess effectiveness of enrichment programs: document the effectiveness and outcomes achievement of after school programs, tutors, community based programs, lifelong learning programs as well as educational programs for disadvantaged youth
- Improve critical thinking outcomes: Evaluate the effectiveness of curricular programs, instructional approaches and educational materials in fostering critical thinking learning; Strategically scaffold learning outcomes by building on successes at earlier grade levels.
- Provide objective data for students and parents: individualized reports can help students and their parents understand the child’s learning style and think about what is going to help them do better in school.
- Track development of reasoning skills: use of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series allows comparison of student development throughout elementary, middle and high school.
From the smiling and frowning face response options on the answer sheet to the age specific items related to children’s everyday experiences, EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 has been calibrated for young students. Children are prompted to choose whether they agree or disagree with statements that reflect behaviors and thinking related to school success. The conversational tone encourages children to think about themselves as learners. Their self-assessments provide valuable insights so that teachers can promote and develop reasoning in the different types of learners in their classroom.
This assessment has been designed to ensure that there is no bias regarding preschool participation. Typically students will take about 20 minutes to complete the assessment.
Scale Scores Reported
Four attribute domains are measured by EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2: Mental Focus, Learning Orientation, Creative Problem Solving and Cognitive Integrity.
Insight Assessment offers the industry’s most complete and cost-effective array of testing options. Tests are available any time any where, whether directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individual devices. Our app based assessment tools are easily administered 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users. An in-app tutorial makes it simple to administer the assessment.
Recommended Companion Assessment
Engaging problems and making decisions using critical thinking involves both skills and habits of mind. For a complete assessment of a test taker’s critical thinking, it is recommended both skills and dispositions be measured. Using companion assessments results in a comprehensive measurement of whether a test taker is ‘willing and able’ to think well. We recommend that the EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 be taken in conjunction with EDUCATE INSIGHT Reasoning Skills Grades K-2 which will be available soon. Contact us to discuss availability.
EDUCATE INSIGHT Series
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 is a member of the EDUCATE INSIGHT comprehensive thinking assessment program for K-12 students.The metrics delivered by these thinking skills and mindset assessments provide relevant, objective input for teachers in the classroom, for school improvement and accreditation reports. Use of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series makes possible reliable multi-year tracking of individual and group performance statistics as students progress through K-12 education. The EDUCATE INSIGHT series is specially designed for children ages K-12 from all areas and backgrounds.
Contact us today. Our client relations specialists will help you determine the optimal tools for your objectives.
The EDUCATE INSIGHT Mindset Skills Grades K-2 targets the motivation toward problem solving and learning of children in grades K-2. Four important scale scores are reported:
All levels of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series have been designed to deliver high quality objective metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of thinking. EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 measures and reports on an array of mental disciplines: Mental Focus, Learning Orientation, Creative Problem Solving and Cognitive Integrity.
EDUCATE INSIGHT reports deliver individual and group results in a presentation ready format. Each report includes a wide range of statistical and demographic information about individuals and/or test-taker groups. Group aggregate data, spreadsheets showing each student’s scores, and separate reports for each individual student can be generated. Colorful graphics make it easy to understand how any group of students has performed. Test-taker scores and group summaries are presented with interpretative analysis by Insight Assessment measurement scientists.
Insight Assessment clients depend on the comprehensive data and analysis in an EDUCATE INSIGHT report to provide the insights needed to achieve their assessment goals. Clients are currently using individual data for admissions, placement and to document achievement of learning outcomes. Group data is being used for new cohort assessment, outcomes assessment, demonstrating the quality of an educational program, demonstrating group proficiency, staff development, admissions and more.
Clients can customize their results package with additional analyses, graphics and interpretative text discussing your scores in relationship to your particular goals and objectives. For further information, see Insight Assessment Reports and Analytics.
Some of the current authorized translations of EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades K-2 are listed below. Insight Assessment is constantly working on expanding the multilingual capabilities of our products. Please contact us to discuss the availability of these and other additional language options.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.