EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 is calibrated to measure the motivation toward problem solving and learning of children in Grades 3 – 5.
Critical thinking is the key to educational success throughout the world. Educators know that the ability and the willingness to learn are interdependent—and that if students aren’t motivated to do the work of learning, their progress will be limited across the curriculum. Early assessment of a student motivation to learn can provide important individual and group diagnostics.
Quick, easy to administer, EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 delivers results that are locally relevant immediately. Given at the beginning and/or end of the school year, reports can be used to:
- Identify and provide input about students needing more support or who are less learning oriented so that optimal individualized instruction and learning strategies can be developed
- Provide objective group data on a class as learners so teachers can strategically plan curriculum and activities, incorporating how students learn as well as what they need to learn
- Provide objective data for students and parents: individualized reports can help students and their parents understand the child’s learning style and think about what is going to help them do better in school.
- Assess effectiveness of enrichment programs: document the effectiveness and outcomes achievement of after school programs, tutors, community based programs, lifelong learning programs as well as educational programs for disadvantaged youth
- Improve critical thinking outcomes: evaluate the effectiveness of curricular programs, instructional approaches and educational materials in fostering critical thinking learning; strategically scaffold learning outcomes by building on successes at earlier grade levels.
- Track development of reasoning skills throughout elementary grades: allows multi-year comparison of student development throughout elementary school and beyond.
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 Is an objective measure of student engagement and a predictor of student success. Students are asked to agree or disagree with developmentally appropriate statements expressing familiar opinions, beliefs, values, expectations and perceptions related to the formation of reasoned judgments. Items are set everyday experiences of the students, adding measures of inquisitiveness and creativity. Age specific instructions are provided; teachers can read the test aloud or have students read it at themselves. Typically students will take about 20 minutes to complete the assessment.
Scale Scores Reported
Five attribute domains are measured by the EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5: Mental Focus, Learning Orientation, Creative Problem Solving, Scholarly Rigor and Cognitive Integrity.
Insight Assessment offers the industry’s most complete and cost-effective array of testing options. Tests are available any time any where, whether directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individual devices. Our app based assessment tools are easily administered 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users. An in-app tutorial makes it simple to administer the assessment. .
Recommended Companion Assessment
Engaging problems and making decisions using critical thinking involves both skills and habits of mind. For a complete assessment of a test taker’s critical thinking, it is recommended both skills and dispositions be measured. Using companion assessments results in a comprehensive measurement of whether a test taker is ‘willing and able’ to think well. We recommend that EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 be taken in conjunction with EDUCATE INSIGHT Reasoning Skills Grades 3-5.
EDUCATE INSIGHT Series
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 is a member of the EDUCATE INSIGHT comprehensive thinking assessment program for K-12 students.The metrics delivered by these thinking skills and mindset assessments provide relevant, objective input for teachers in the classroom, for school improvement and accreditation reports. Use of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series makes possible reliable multi-year tracking of individual and group performance statistics as students progress through K-12 education. The EDUCATE INSIGHT series is specially designed for children ages K-12 from all areas and backgrounds.
Contact us today. Our client relations specialists will help you determine the optimal tools for your objectives.
EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 targets the motivation toward problem solving and learning of children in third through fifth grade. Five important scale scores are reported:
Scholarly Rigor is the habit of working hard to engage and to correctly interpret new material, it is the tendency to put forth the mental effort to achieve a deeper understanding of complex or abstract ideas and information.
- A positive score on Scholarly Rigor indicates a person with the habit of putting forth effort to engage difficult material and to strive for deeper understanding. A person with this habit would not be put off by the need to read a difficult text or to analyze complicated situations or problems. An ambivalent score is characteristic of someone who occasionally is willing to put forth a serious scholarly effort, but on other occasions does not show that willingness or desire. Characteristically, this person may procrastinate rather than engage seriously in learning. A negative score on the Scholarly Rigor scale points toward the habitual tendency to avoid seeking new knowledge or examining new content in depth. This is characteristic of people who are inclined toward superficial interpretations and who avoid material that is complex or abstract.
All levels of the EDUCATE INSIGHT series have been designed to deliver high quality objective metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of thinking. EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 measures and reports on an array of essential mental disciplines: Mental Focus, Learning Orientation, Creative Problem Solving and Cognitive Integrity.
EDUCATE INSIGHT reports deliver individual and group results in a presentation ready format. Each report includes a wide range of statistical and demographic information about individuals and/or test-taker groups. Group aggregate data, spreadsheets showing each student’s scores, and separate reports for each individual student can be generated. Colorful graphics make it easy to understand how any group of students has performed. Test-taker scores and group summaries are presented with interpretative analysis by Insight Assessment measurement scientists.
Insight Assessment clients depend on the comprehensive data and analysis in EDUCATE INSIGHT reports to provide the insights needed to achieve their assessment goals. Clients are currently using individual data for admissions, placement and to document achievement of learning outcomes. Group data is being used for new cohort assessment, outcomes assessment, demonstrating the quality of an educational program, demonstrating group proficiency, staff development, admissions and more.
Clients can customize their results package with additional analyses, graphics and interpretative text discussing your scores in relationship to your particular goals and objectives. For further information, see Insight Assessment Reports and Analytics.
Some of the current translations of EDUCATE INSIGHT Thinking Mindset Grades 3-5 are listed below. Insight Assessment is constantly working on expanding the multilingual capabilities of our products. Please contact us to discuss the availability of these and other additional language options.
As a qualified purchaser, we offer the option of purchasing a preview of the assessment experience.
A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options.
Your account representative will set up your preview of the instrument on mobile devices or on computers. The preview includes the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment.
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument;
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results;
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures;
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment;
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project.
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.