Essentials for Institutional Strength
Four powerful reasons to invest in the assessment of each entering students’ critical thinking skills and mindset:
1. Support Student Learning
- Students with stronger critical thinking skills and mindset are better able to learn complex material, to solve problems, attain professional certification and transition to the workplace. Link a self-assessment of thinking and reasoning by the world’s leading assessment tools using your SCORM based learning management system (LMS) to emphasize to students the value of critical thinking for learning, for career and for life. Assess students’ thinking mindset and skills objectively, and reward students who demonstrate superior critical thinking.
- Today’s educational culture is investing more than ever into the development of effective online and residential programs. Document students’ growth in thinking mindset and reasoning skills as a result of your online and residential degree programs, and provide each student with a personal assessment report.
- We already know that students with weak critical thinking will struggle academically, become frustrated, and not persist in their studies. Why wait? Immediately identify students at risk of academic difficulty. Provide your retention and advising office with each individual’s test results. Intervene with targeted critical thinking development programs before these students fall behind their degree program objectives. The budgetary advantages of student retention are obvious, but even more important is putting students of promise on the road to academic success as early as possible.
4. Enhance Systems of Institutional Effectiveness
- Institutional planning requires the best information available to guide the future of your institution. In today’s competitive educational environment, there is no substitute for an accurate assessment of the quality of new educational programs, the effectiveness of student retention initiatives, and the demonstration of the attainment of performance-based outcomes. Add the highest quality of critical thinking assessment data to your institutional database. Online system integration offers you data fed directly to your LMS. Use our downloadable high quality graphic and statistical reports to celebrate institutional effectiveness with benefactors and alums, and to report achievements to accreditation agencies and performance based funding agencies.Our interactive report generation system, along with the versatility of our testing interface, enables you to provide separate group reports for each academic unit.
Institutions select Insight Assessment because we provide the highest quality assessment instrumentation, institutional level and profession-specific benchmarking, demographic data integration, individual and group score reporting, and expert data analysis services.