Frequently asked questions include: CapScore™ Shipments and Processing, How to Return CapScore™ Answer Forms for Scanning, Scoring and Results Reporting, How to Create Groups and Subgroups Using the Group Indicator Field, Support for Institutional and Professional Accreditation Self-Studies and for Performance Funding Data Collection, Data Archiving and Retrieval
CapScore™ Shipments and Processing
- Orders are shipped in single batches which include a specified number of printed, and encoded CapScore™ answer sheets designed specifically for the testing tool and form purchased.
- Shipments include instructions for the use of CapScore™ answer sheets and CapScore™ Return Form, which is used when sending the batch of answer sheets back to Insight Assessment for scanning and scoring. Instructions for paper & pencil test administration with CapScore™ are included in your Test Manual.
- Processing services include scanning, scoring, and statistical analysis of that one batch of answer sheets when the batch of answer sheets is returned.
- Purchase includes prompt reporting of results to client once answer forms have been received by Insight Assessment for scanning, analysis and scoring. See below.
How to Return CapScore™ Answer Forms to Insight Assessment for Scanning, Scoring and Results Reporting
Mail your CapScore™ answers forms to:
1735 N 1st Street, Suite 306
San Jose, CA 95112-4511 USA
- Complete and include one CapScore™ Return Form when sending your CapScore ™ answer forms for scoring. This form identifies your data and provides a return address for your test scores.
- Use the Group Indicator Field. Do not separate answer forms using paper clips, folders, rubber bands, stickers, etc.
- Please do not photocopy CapScore™ answer forms. Only Insight Assessment printed and encoded CapScore™ answer sheets can be accurately scanned. Use of photocopied forms may result in the loss of your data. There are additional charges for data manual data transposition, a process which substantially delays scanning and scoring.
- Rush / Express Processing is available to receive results electronically in 5working days. Additional charges apply.
- CapScore™ results will be reported to client by e-mail within 20 working days of receiving a batch of answer forms for scoring at Insight Assessment. Currently the average score return time is 10 working days. There are additional charges for each scanning and scoring pass, so it is advisable to return answer forms in a large group using the Group Indicator Field to differentiate your internal groups and subgroups.
- Results are returned using electronic file transfer.
- Return of original forms to client after scoring is available for an additional shipping and handling fee.
- CapScore™ answer forms are date stamped, service agreement expires 24 months after purchase.
How to Create Groups and Subgroups Using Group Indicator Field
- The group indicator field on the CapScore™ answer forms allows the client to divide batches into many different subsets without the need to physically separate answer forms when returning the batch for scanning and scoring. Depending on the assessment tool being used, the group indicator is either a two digit number allowing for up to 100 different groups, or a three digit number allowing for up to 1000 different groups. There are many ways the group indicator can be used. Here are a few examples.
- Ex 1. State University professors want to pretest and posttest their students. For the pretest each student indicates 001 on his or her answer form. For the posttest each student indicates 002 on his or her answer form. CapScore™ will provide descriptive statistics for both groups 1 and 2 separately. If you wish to compare the groups you can easily split the data by the group number and perform a t-test (available through our Customized Assessment Reports package.)
- Ex 2. State University professors want to compare the thinking skills of their chemistry students to their history students and their psychology students. The chemistry students, history students, and psychology students indicate 001, 002, and 003 on their answer forms respectively. Descriptive statistics will be provided separately for each group.
- Ex 3. Each department wants to pretest and post test its students taking its own course and the departments want to compare their students' scores to the scores of the students in the other departments' courses. To achieve this, when taking a test students are instructed to use one of six numbers to create the necessary subgroups of answer forms.
- Chemistry Pretest 101 Chemistry Posttest 102
- History Pretest 201 History Posttest 202
- Psychology Pretest 301 Psychology Posttest 302
Support for Institutional and Professional Accreditation Self-study and for Performance Funding Data Collection
CapScore™ results can be used in conjunction with student learning outcomes assessment for national accreditation of professional programs, for regional accreditation of colleges and universities and for performance funding purposes. Demographic data gathering enables reports to be generated with attention to a multiple factors. Opinion sampling can be incorporated into test data collection to further expand the versatility and utility of the dataset generated. Customized CapScore™ answer forms can be developed to survey opinions or to gather demographic or other self-report response data the program or institution requires for accreditation purposes. Contact Insight Assessment to discuss your survey data gathering objectives and needs.
Data Archiving and Retrieval
Storage of a test results and data is the responsibility of the client. Insight Assessment does not guarantee the storage or archiving of test score results or data. For an additional service and retrieval charge, Insight Assessment will review its databases in an effort to assist a client with the retrieval of test results and data.