Assessing Support Staff
Build your flexible staffing team with a positive work ethic and strength in thinking skills. INSIGHT Support brings a fast and thorough assessment to part time, temporary, seasonal and transient workforce who are often pivotal in maintaining group performance in critical areas such as customer service, loss prevention and overall quality. INSIGHT Support, used as a screening tool, will improve the quality, ability and conscientiousness of these key worker groups. Clients can experience cost and time savings by using INSIGHT Support to streamline the review of large group or high turnover staffing needs.
New workers who are willing to grow
INSIGHT Support has been calibrated for entry level, temporary, seasonal or highly supervised staff whose primary responsibility is to complete their assigned tasks. Minimum 7th grade reading skills are recommended. These workers may work directly with customers or may be responsible for product creation or logistics.
INSIGHT Support measures:
Support Work Ethic
- What personal habits of mind do test takers bring their work? How do they choose to apply their reasoning abilities? INSIGHT Support presents job situations that require test takers to make personal decisions based on their experience, beliefs, preferences and values. Questions have been designed to measure the mental disciplines that impact how individual judgments are made. INSIGHT Support measures nine positive work ethic attributes: dependability, honesty, job commitment, workplace safety, professionalism, workplace tolerance, workplace flexibility, desire to work, desire to learn.
- Time required: 25 minutes
- Format: 73 short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Workplace Thinking Skills
- INSIGHT Support problems present everyday scenarios which require staff to understand their job duties, understand directions, anticipate the consequences of decisions and to anticipate the needs of clients. Often employees in these jobs must be able to handle money, so some problems also require numeric reasoning skills necessary to understand what their job involves. Thinking skills measured by INSIGHT Support include understanding directions, seeing consequences, working with numbers and overall thinking skills. Time required: 45 minutes
- Format: 23 multiple choice questions requiring basic job-related thinking skills.
INSIGHT Support is calibrated to are calibrated to measure the skills that will keep your company running efficiently. Contact us to discuss how to get the data you need to build a strong staff.
INSIGHT Support Metrics
Build a support staffing team that is well-prepared for today and eager to learn about your company plans for tomorrow.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Support have been rigorously calibrated to measure work ethic and work-related thinking skills. Items present everyday job situations. In order to answer the questions, individuals must make decisions about the next steps to resolve the situation. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
INSIGHT Reports and Analysis
What do you get? Results you can use.
Easy to read, easy to use comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision making.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable analysis you need for hiring, promoting and future planning. Printable INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth for 15 key thinking skill and mindset metrics.
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level-- or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reported reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
Group Report Options:
- Group reports can be requested at any time as an additional service. Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Thinking Skills and Mindset
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results:
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition.
INSIGHT Client Services
Complete Start-to-Finish Staff and Candidate Assessment
Insight Assessment is committed to providing the highest quality customer service. For over 25 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions; our business model is based on doing what we do best so that our clients can focus on doing what they do best.
When you become an INSIGHT client, you can trust us to manage account setup and support—your results will be delivered to you quickly and confidentially.
Our customer service is based on these four cornerstones:
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation. We want to know who, how, why and what you want to accomplish. By evaluating your organization's unique objectives we will recommend the INSIGHT level that best matches your business needs. Our experts will discuss logistics and the test process. We want to answer your questions.
- Ease of Test Administration. Insight Assessment’s secure, encrypted online multilingual interface is available 24-7 for individual and group testing. Tests are available directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individuals. Our app and browser based systems can also deliver our products through your internal and corporate intranets or integrated with your LMS platform. Insight Assessment manages test-taker logins/passwords, test assignments—all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing. Insight Assessment will add up to ten customized questions for your respondents to complete so you can gather consistent and comparable information. Tech support is available 24/7.
- Fast Results Delivery. Within minutes of test completion, Insight Assessment will deliver a comprehensive PDF report of individual thinking skills scores to your designated representative. Results can also be optionally displayed to the test taker immediately following the test. Summary group and subgroup reports will be transmitted to a designated representative at your request. Internal reports and board ready presentations include data, custom designed analyses, documentation and presentation-ready graphics.
- Ease of Purchase. Pricing is based on products selected and the number of tests submitted for scoring. Minimum order requirements apply. After initial prepaid order, clients may opt to prepay for future testing or to pay only for tests used by electing to be invoiced monthly for the number of tests used. Other custom arrangements are available upon request.
High quality assessment is our business; every step of our full service process, from purchase and adoption through test administration and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need to realize high standards for decision making throughout your company.
Contact us to get started.
Preview This Assessment
As a qualified purchaser, if you are not familiar with the assessment instrument or the use of our online system, we offer the opportunity to purchase a preview of the assessment experience. A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options. Your account representative will set up your preview to include one or more opportunities to view the instrument using our mobile app on your computer or tablet (the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment).
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.