INSIGHT Health Professional
INSIGHT Health Professional
Assessments for clinical professionals in the health sciences
Target highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and reasoning skills to deliver quality care across your clinical specialties. INSIGHT Health Professional is calibrated for highly skilled clinicians who make high stakes decisions about patient care, who provide specialized services to patients or who manage departments.
Poorly reasoned decisions have major consequences in health care. That’s why hospitals and medical centers need to find and develop health professionals who can think well, communicate well and who are committed to providing quality care.
Talent Spotting and Development
Health care organizations must be confident they are developing a high performing clinical staff. Reasoning skills and mindset are measurable competencies. INSIGHT Health Professional test items are set in clinical and professional practice contexts that challenge test takers to apply their clinical reasoning skills. Comprehensive individual reports enable health care organizations to:
- Quickly screen the thinking skills and mindset of candidates for new positions
- Foster strong decision making skills and professionalism competencies for all staff members.
- Proactively identify strengths and weaknesses in the key skills and attributes that lead to quality patient care
- Identify performance potential and determine an individual’s fit for future roles and leadership
INSIGHT Health Professional is a complete on-the-job solution; it provides valuable objective metrics for the prescreening evaluations of new employees and for ongoing staff development programs focused on strengthening competencies. Assessments are easily administered via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface through internal corporate intranets or your Learning Management Systems.
INSIGHT Health Professional measures:
Health Professional Mindset
- INSIGHT Health Professional assesses the professional attributes identified as desirable in clinicians with strength in clinical reasoning. Questions have been designed to measure the mental disciplines that impact how decisions have been made. The seven attributes metrics reported include: truthseeking, open-mindedness, analyticity, systematicity, confidence in reasoning, inquisitiveness and maturity of judgment. High scores are positively correlated with a strong desire to apply reasoning skills in decision making and problem solving, with leadership, ego reliance and the capacity to benefit from educational training
- Time Allowed: 30 minutes
- Format: short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Health Professional Reasoning Skills
- INSIGHT Health Professional provides an assessment of overall strength of essential thinking skills and identifies areas for future development. Test items are set in clinical and professional practice contexts that challenge test takers to apply their clinical thinking skills. Metrics reported include Overall Reasoning Skills, analysis, interpretation, inference, evaluation, explanation, induction, deduction and numeracy. Strong quantitative reasoning skills are necessary to correctly identify optimal outcomes.
- Time Allowed: 55 minutes
- Format: health scenario-based multiple choice items
Build a healthcare dream team that improves patient outcomes by anticipating problem situations and making good judgments in challenging contexts. When you make INSIGHT Health Professional a key element of your hiring and review process, you will increase the quality and value of decision-making throughout your organization. INSIGHT Health provides the proven tools and the objective metrics you need to make good employee management decisions.
Contact us to learn how to implement INSIGHT Health Professional as a key component of your initiatives to increase efficiency and promote high quality healthcare provision throughout your facility.
INSIGHT Health Professional is a customized member of the INSIGHT Health suite of thinking tests. INSIGHT Health provides an array of assessments for patient facing staff. INSIGHT Business provides the ability to objectively measure the decision skills and mindset in the non-clinical staff at all levels of your organization. INSIGHT Law Professional has been specifically calibrated to measure the problem-solving skills and mindset of the lawyers and legal professionals on your team. INSIGHT Defense Professional is calibrated for officers and senior managers with operational planning and leadership responsibilities.
INSIGHT Health Professional Metrics
Target highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and problem solving skills needed to achieve your company's goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Health Professional have been rigorously calibrated to measure the health professional mindset and reasoning skills. Items present complex, multi-layer situations. In order to answer the questions, individuals must employ their reasoning skills to make decisions about the next steps to resolve the dilemma. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
INSIGHT Health Reports
What do you get?
Results you can use.
Easy to read, easy to use comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision making. Clear concise reports with understandable graphics and charts provide the reliable analysis you need for hiring, promoting and future planning. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT Health products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
For each individual you will know:
Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates superior, strong, moderate skills at this level-- or if the skills were not manifested
Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; skills and mindset.
Within hours you will receive a comprehensive individual and/or group report. Individuals can see their results instantly upon completion or they will be sent to your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results:
INSIGHT solutions are the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition.
INSIGHT Client Services
Complete Start-to-Finish Staff and Candidate Assessment
Insight Assessment is committed to providing the highest quality customer service. For over 25 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions; our business model is based on doing what we do best so that our clients can focus on doing what they do best.
When you become an INSIGHT client, you can trust us to manage account setup and support—your results will be delivered to you quickly and confidentially.
Our customer service is based on these four cornerstones:
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation. We want to know who, how, why and what you want to accomplish. By evaluating your organization's unique objectives we will recommend the INSIGHT level that best matches your business needs. Our experts will discuss logistics and the test process. We want to answer your questions.
- Ease of Test Administration. Insight Assessment’s secure, encrypted online multilingual interface is available 24-7 for individual and group testing. Tests are available directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individuals. Our app and browser based systems can also deliver our products through your internal and corporate intranets or integrated with your LMS platform. Insight Assessment manages test-taker logins/passwords, test assignments—all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing. Insight Assessment will add up to ten customized questions for your respondents to complete so you can gather consistent and comparable information. Tech support is available 24/7.
- Fast Results Delivery. Within minutes of test completion, Insight Assessment will deliver a comprehensive PDF report of individual thinking skills scores to your designated representative. Results can also be optionally displayed to the test taker immediately following the test. Summary group and subgroup reports will be transmitted to a designated representative at your request. Internal reports and board ready presentations include data, custom designed analyses, documentation and presentation-ready graphics.
- Ease of Purchase. Pricing is based on products selected and the number of tests submitted for scoring. Minimum order requirements apply. After initial prepaid order, clients may opt to prepay for future testing or to pay only for tests used by electing to be invoiced monthly for the number of tests used. Other custom arrangements are available upon request.
High quality assessment is our business; every step of our full service process, from purchase and adoption through test administration and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need to realize high standards for decision making throughout your company.
Contact us to get started.
Preview This Assessment
As a qualified purchaser, if you are not familiar with the assessment instrument or the use of our online system, we offer the opportunity to purchase a preview of the assessment experience. A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options. Your account representative will set up your preview to include one or more opportunities to view the instrument using our mobile app on your computer or tablet (the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment).
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.