Assessments for senior leaders:
Identify strategists who can evaluate options, anticipate consequences, set priorities and determine the critical factors affecting the outcome of decisions.
Directional Leadership Management
Build a business leadership team with the clear vision of what is coming and the insight to guide your company to reach its goals. INSIGHT Executive is designed specifically for members of the corporate leadership team. Added to a search process, INSIGHT Executive offers key insights on the qualifications of candidates and informs decisions on advancement to senior management roles. As a self-assessment, INSIGHT Executive offers a view into the strengths of the current leadership team and direction for development. Derive more value by assessing staff at all levels using INSIGHT to see a holistic view of your organization’s strengths.
Great minds leading you into the future
INSIGHT Executive has been calibrated to measure leadership attributes and decision skills at the highest corporate levels such as C-Suite executives, upper management, division heads, directors, and vice presidents. This assessment focuses on individuals responsible for setting and executing corporate direction and strategies.
- What leadership attributes do business executives bring to their work? How do they choose to apply their strategic thinking abilities? INSIGHT Executive describes the mindset of the executive on 10 metrics valued across the business leadership community. Items invite individual reactions to ideas common to the leadership team, assessing the mental disciplines that impact how strategic decisions are made. INSIGHT Executive identifies individuals who are discerning, honorable, foresightful, professional, driven, judicious, tolerant, incisive, innovative and motivational in their decision-making.
- Time required: 30 minutes
- Format: 95 short “Agree-Disagree” style items
Executive Decision Skills
- INSIGHT Executive presents business situations or challenges that require personal decisions based on experience, beliefs, preferences and values in the context of what’s best for the company. These complex scenarios include judgments that must be made with conflicting or incomplete data involving internal or external challenges. Dilemmas require the application of reasoning skills outside the context of everyday knowledge sets to evaluate far-reaching strategic decisions in situations of risk. Strong quantitative reasoning skills are necessary to correctly identify optimal outcomes. Successful leaders identify critical factors which affect the outcome of decisions, evaluate options accurately, anticipate logical consequences, set priorities and clearly explain the reasons for decisions.
- Time required: 60 minutes
- Format: 39 scenario-based multiple choice questions requiring the critical reasoning skills vital for executive and senior managerial leadership decision making.
Contact Us to see how INSIGHT Executive delivers the key insights on the qualifications of candidates needed for decisions on advancement to senior management roles.
INSIGHT Executive is a member of the INSIGHT suite of thinking assessments. Specialized Business, Health, Law and Defense assessments are available at the Professional, Staff and Support level.
INSIGHT Executive Metrics
Build a leadership team with the clear vision of what is coming and the insight to guide your company to reach its goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Executive have been rigorously calibrated to measure the executive mindset and decision skills. Items present complex, multi-layer situations. In order to answer the questions, individuals must employ high level reasoning skills to make decisions about the next steps to resolve the dilemma. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of thinking skills. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following decision skills:
- Driven: committed to the vigorous pursuit of professional excellence, with a consuming internal demand to achieve the vision of the organization.
- Discerning: displays courage and objectivity in decision making; when making difficult decisions, they tend to ask the tough questions, to follow reasons and evidence wherever they lead, and to give due consideration to competing points of view.
- Honorable: conducts themselves with integrity, honesty, ethics and truthfulness in communication and behavior.
- Foresightful: alert to potential difficulties, always striving to foresee consequences, ready to use reasoning and fact finding to resolve difficulties and foreseeable problems.
- Judicious: displays maturity and thoughtfulness in decision making, recognizing that some problems are ill-structured, that often there is more than one reasonable option, and that poor decisions should be dispassionately revisited.
- Incisive: capable of making those strategic decisions that are tough but necessary to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Tolerant: respects diversity in the workplace, including showing due respect for different perspectives, opinions, and suggestions.
- Innovative: has an appetite for innovation, sees change as an opportunity for growth, is a resilient agent of change in fast paced or fluid environments.
- Motivational: capable of inspiring an entire organization, moving it forward with enthusiasm and energy, motivating others to give their best.
- Professional: limits socializing to that which is necessary to get the job done and to take an appropriate and professional approach to social interactions at work. Professionalism is vital to maintaining a proper focus on work responsibilities, facilitating collaboration, and providing positive leadership.
Executive Decision Skills
- Identify critical factors which will affect the outcome of a decision: A strongly skilled decision-maker requires excellent analytical and interpretive skills to determine the issues that must be addressed and accounted for in the deliberative and implementation phases.
- Evaluate options accurately and establish priorities: Effective leaders must be able to evaluate the quality of alternatives and explain the reasons behind that evaluation.
- Anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences: In order to see the applications and the implications of regulations, policies, basic assumptions, core principles and protocols which both shape and constrain decision making, strong strategists must draw logical inferences in precisely defined and tightly structured contexts.
- Navigate risk and uncertainty: Successful managers must be able to see the most probable and best justified inferences to draw in contexts where the information given may be uncertain or ambiguous, or where the best inference is not a foregone conclusion.
- Reason well in contexts requiring quantitative analysis: Leaders must be able to analyze, interpret and evaluate vital information that is presented in charts, graphs, text or tables; they must understand what the numbers mean and how they impact options.
- Overall Decision Skills: the integration of thinking and reasoning skills to address business leadership decision making at the senior management level
Measure the decision skills and mindset leaders need to achieve company goals
INSIGHT Reports and Analysis
What do you get? Results you can use.
Easy to read, easy to use comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision making.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable analysis you need for hiring, promoting and future planning. Printable INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth for 15 key thinking skill and mindset metrics.
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level-- or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reported reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
Group Report Options:
- Group reports can be requested at any time as an additional service. Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Thinking Skills and Mindset
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results:
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition.
INSIGHT Client Services
Complete Start-to-Finish Staff and Candidate Assessment
Insight Assessment is committed to providing the highest quality customer service. For over 25 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions; our business model is based on doing what we do best so that our clients can focus on doing what they do best.
When you become an INSIGHT client, you can trust us to manage account setup and support—your results will be delivered to you quickly and confidentially.
Our customer service is based on these four cornerstones:
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation. We want to know who, how, why and what you want to accomplish. By evaluating your organization's unique objectives we will recommend the INSIGHT level that best matches your business needs. Our experts will discuss logistics and the test process. We want to answer your questions.
- Ease of Test Administration. Insight Assessment’s secure, encrypted online multilingual interface is available 24-7 for individual and group testing. Tests are available directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individuals. Our app and browser based systems can also deliver our products through your internal and corporate intranets or integrated with your LMS platform. Insight Assessment manages test-taker logins/passwords, test assignments—all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing. Insight Assessment will add up to ten customized questions for your respondents to complete so you can gather consistent and comparable information. Tech support is available 24/7.
- Fast Results Delivery. Within minutes of test completion, Insight Assessment will deliver a comprehensive PDF report of individual thinking skills scores to your designated representative. Results can also be optionally displayed to the test taker immediately following the test. Summary group and subgroup reports will be transmitted to a designated representative at your request. Internal reports and board ready presentations include data, custom designed analyses, documentation and presentation-ready graphics.
- Ease of Purchase. Pricing is based on products selected and the number of tests submitted for scoring. Minimum order requirements apply. After initial prepaid order, clients may opt to prepay for future testing or to pay only for tests used by electing to be invoiced monthly for the number of tests used. Other custom arrangements are available upon request.
High quality assessment is our business; every step of our full service process, from purchase and adoption through test administration and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need to realize high standards for decision making throughout your company.
Contact us to get started.
Preview This Assessment
As a qualified purchaser, if you are not familiar with the assessment instrument or the use of our online system, we offer the opportunity to purchase a preview of the assessment experience. A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options. Your account representative will set up your preview to include one or more opportunities to view the instrument using our mobile app on your computer or tablet (the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment).
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.