Assessments for Business Success
Based on more than 30 years of experience in measuring thinking and reasoning skills, INSIGHT Business is an array of assessment tools specifically designed to provide businesses with the metrics they need to create teams of people able to learn their jobs quickly and to perform successfully in situations requiring problem solving.
It costs businesses money when problems are solved based on poor reasoning skills; it also costs businesses money when staff choose not to apply their reasoning skills to problem-solving. If your staff includes individuals and teams who have strong reasoning skills, operations run more efficiently—and productively. It's essential that you hire and promote your best thinkers.
Thinking matters—it is the springboard for problem-solving, decision making and innovation. Employees can have the skills but not the motivation to use them, so their mindset matters too.
INSIGHT Business measures essential business thinking skills (such as analyzing problems, evaluating options, managing consequences, managing uncertainty, managing numbers) plus associated important business thinking mindsets (such as job commitment, work ethic, honesty and focus).
Different skills are needed for different types of responsibility; thinking assessments are not one-size-fits-all.
INSIGHT Business provides four assessment levels which present increasingly complex job related decisions, targeting the skills required to be successful at specific levels of accountability. Scenarios are linked to specialized metrics which indicate the critical elements of business reasoning required to function in corporate positions. INSIGHT Business includes an assessment calibrated to meet your goals.
The four INSIGHT Business assessments have been designed to be increasingly challenging to best reflect the full range of thinking skills and mindsets required for the different levels within organizations.
- INSIGHT Executive: Business Leadership/ Senior Management: Senior executives, accountable for corporate strategy
- INSIGHT Business Professional: Business Professionals: Middle level leadership, highly skilled staff members, with independent responsibilities
- INSIGHT Business Staff: Core staff: Permanent, experienced and trusted staff; may supervise, train and lead other members of their team; often have access to key technology or machinery
- INSIGHT Support: Support staff with well-defined operational support functions, duties or tasks; temporary, seasonal or highly supervised staff
INSIGHT Business Delivers: Objective, reliable, statistically valid data about the specific strengths and weaknesses in the skills and motivation needed by employees, departments, divisions and leadership in their current and future responsibilities.
Identifying, hiring and promoting the best thinkers pays off: in quality staff, more efficient operations, error reduction, focused professional development.
INSIGHT Business is a member of the INSIGHT suite of thinking tests. INSIGHT Health provides an array of assessments specifically calibrated for patient-facing Health Science clinical professionals. INSIGHT Law Professional has been specifically calibrated to measure the problem-solving skills and mindset of lawyers and legal professionals.
Insight Assessment will provide specific recommendations based on your organizational structure and needs. Contact us to discuss how the INSIGHT Business has a specific high stakes fit for your company.
How INSIGHT Business Measures Thinking
INSIGHT Business targets key aspects of employee thinking.
The multi-level metrics reported by the INSIGHT Business series are rigorously calibrated to document the ways effective staff members apply reasoning skills to job-related situations.
Each INSIGHT Business assessment presents complex, multi-layer situations. In order to answer the questions, individuals must employ core reasoning skills to make decisions about the next steps to resolve the dilemma. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills. Four INSIGHT Business assessment levels have been created to accurately reflect the range of responsibility, accountability and job requirements.
Insight Assessment uses rating levels of Superior, Strong, Moderate Decision Making Skills at this Level or Skills Not Manifested and includes an Overall numeric score.
- Executive Decision Skills
- Identifying Critical Elements, Assessing Decision Options, Projecting Logical Consequences, Navigating Risk & Uncertainty, Quantitative Analysis
- Overall Decision Skills
- Executive Mindset
- Rankings of Strong Positive, Positive or Not Manifested for Discerning, Honorable, Foresightful, Professionalism, Driven, Judicious, Tolerant, Incisive, Innovative, Motivational
- Business Professional Reasoning Skills
- Problem Analysis, Evaluating Alternatives, Precise Contexts, Ambiguous Contexts, Quantitative Contexts
- Overall Reasoning Skills
- Business Professional Mindset
- Rankings of Strong Positive, Positive or Not Manifested for Judicious, Committed, Honorable, Foresightful, Professionalism, Focused, Tolerant, Adaptable, Resourceful, Motivational
- Business Staff Problem Solving Skills
- Situation Comprehension, Anticipating Outcomes, Evaluating Choices, Numeric Literacy
- Overall Problem Solving Skills
- Business Staff Work Ethic
- Rankings of Strong Positive, Positive or Not Manifested for Honesty, Dependability, Professionalism, Job Commitment, Desire to Work, Desire to Learn, Desire to Think, Workplace Safety, Workplace Tolerance, Workplace Flexibility
- Support Workplace Thinking Skills
- Understanding Directions, Seeing Consequences, Working with Numbers
- Overall Thinking Skills
- Support Work Ethic
- Rankings of Strong Positive, Positive or Not Manifested for Dependability, Honesty, Job Commitment, Workplace Safety, Professionalism, Workplace Tolerance, Workplace Flexibility, Desire to Work, Desire to Learn
You can hire and promote confidently when you base your decisions on the objective metrics delivered by INSIGHT assessment solutions for business success.
INSIGHT: Identify and Develop Talent
Are you maximizing your most valuable resource--your employees, managers and leaders?
The business news is filled with examples of bad decisions, short-sighted problem solving and erroneous risk assessment. The consequences of these poor reasoning skills are far reaching—loss of money, loss of market share, loss of investor confidence and worse. Every day, at every level in your business, employees make decisions that impact your bottom line. Business leaders need to be sure that those decisions are being made by people who have the necessary reasoning skills.
INSIGHT solutions for business success give corporations a powerful tool to build a strong and effective employee base in which strong reasoning skills are valued and mobilized to maximize profit and products. Four levels of precisely calibrated measurement tools provide the objective information needed to:
- Hire smart. Every hiring decision is high stakes. Every unsuccessful employee costs you money, time and missed opportunities. Companies typically try to reduce risk by establishing basic requirements (experience, education and skills), filtering out those who do not meet standards & then identifying the remaining top talent. Companies that are hiring for the future ask for more: they require a measurement of applicant thinking skills. These proactive companies want an objective summary of the candidate’s core reasoning skills; they want an evaluation of the candidate’s tendency to make decision making mistakes and they want an assessment of whether the candidate has the mindset and mental discipline that dispose them to become successful, contributing members of the team. Companies that insist on hiring people with strong thinking skills are investing in their future.
- Talent spotting and skills development. Thinking skills and mindsets may not appear on performance evaluations but every day the quality of decisions about customer service, production tolerances, goal setting, risk evaluation, implementation of changes etc impact success. INSIGHT measurements of individual employee thinking strengths and challenges (such as approaches to problem-solving, ability to work with numerical data, commitment, desire to learn, professionalism) enable supervisors and managers to objectively match employee skills and talents to job responsibilities. This data is valuable to assess employee potential for development and growth, identify the best thinkers, promote wisely, recognize thoughtful approaches to decision-making and to plan for future leadership. When strong decision making skills are prioritized, potential is maximized and risks are reduced.
- Improve quality. By increasing the quality of the decision-making in an organization, widespread quality improvements follow. Fewer mistakes are made when employees approach problems and decisions with the ability to analyze problems, evaluate options, anticipate consequences and apply numerical data. Efficiency and productivity will improve because risks can be anticipated and errors reduced. Analytical approaches can lead to product and systemic improvements. Minimum thinking standards can be set for future hiring and promotions. Objective data can guide how work is assigned; staff development programs can be instituted.
Contact Insight Assessment to ensure that you have a talent pool with the potential to grow. We offer a premium business testing solutions, targeted to your specific needs. Our high quality test instruments, automatic online delivery mode, and outstanding customer service make large scale adoptions cost effective. Our reports give you the ability to apply objective metrics to your needs. Start building your future.
Outsmart your competition.
INSIGHT Reports and Analysis
What do you get? Results you can use.
Easy to read, easy to use comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision making.
Clear concise reports provide the reliable analysis you need for hiring, promoting and future planning. Printable INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth for 15 key thinking skill and mindset metrics.
For each individual you will know:
- Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level-- or if the skills were Not Manifested.
- Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
- Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reported reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
Group Report Options:
- Group reports can be requested at any time as an additional service. Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Thinking Skills and Mindset
- INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses 10 aspects of the business mindset. Section 2 assesses 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
- INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results:
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition.
INSIGHT Client Services
Complete Start-to-Finish Staff and Candidate Assessment
Insight Assessment is committed to providing the highest quality customer service. For over 25 years we have been providing superior assessment solutions; our business model is based on doing what we do best so that our clients can focus on doing what they do best.
When you become an INSIGHT client, you can trust us to manage account setup and support—your results will be delivered to you quickly and confidentially.
Our customer service is based on these four cornerstones:
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation. We want to know who, how, why and what you want to accomplish. By evaluating your organization's unique objectives we will recommend the INSIGHT level that best matches your business needs. Our experts will discuss logistics and the test process. We want to answer your questions.
- Ease of Test Administration. Insight Assessment’s secure, encrypted online multilingual interface is available 24-7 for individual and group testing. Tests are available directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individuals. Our app and browser based systems can also deliver our products through your internal and corporate intranets or integrated with your LMS platform. Insight Assessment manages test-taker logins/passwords, test assignments—all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing. Insight Assessment will add up to ten customized questions for your respondents to complete so you can gather consistent and comparable information. Tech support is available 24/7.
- Fast Results Delivery. Within minutes of test completion, Insight Assessment will deliver a comprehensive PDF report of individual thinking skills scores to your designated representative. Results can also be optionally displayed to the test taker immediately following the test. Summary group and subgroup reports will be transmitted to a designated representative at your request. Internal reports and board ready presentations include data, custom designed analyses, documentation and presentation-ready graphics.
- Ease of Purchase. Pricing is based on products selected and the number of tests submitted for scoring. Minimum order requirements apply. After initial prepaid order, clients may opt to prepay for future testing or to pay only for tests used by electing to be invoiced monthly for the number of tests used. Other custom arrangements are available upon request.
High quality assessment is our business; every step of our full service process, from purchase and adoption through test administration and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need to realize high standards for decision making throughout your company.
Contact us to get started.