Why Test Critical Thinking in the Spring?
Critical thinking may just be the most important and widely espoused college level student learning outcome.
Whether you are admitting new students, assessing an ongoing initiative or measuring achievement of learning outcomes by graduating seniors, Spring is an important time to gather critical thinking test data.
Assessing critical thinking in the Spring enables successful programs to:
- collect exit data on graduating students to document that they have developed the skills and attributes that demonstrate strength in critical thinking
- capture baseline data to document current student performance
- assess incoming students’ needs for tailored curricula in critical thinking
- obtain high quality data for accreditation self-studies
- benchmark student performance data against national percentiles
- examine evidence of the effectiveness of the strategies used to train critical thinking
- to provide faculty with information that they can use to support student success
- demonstrate school commitment to the importance of critical thinking as a learning outcome.
Well calibrated measures of critical thinking have been shown to be predictive of performance in educational programs, success in the workplace, and achievement in professional practice. Strong critical thinking skills and positive critical thinking habits of mind are vital to success in every academic discipline and major field of study. For over 25 years Insight Assessment’s scenario-based objective measures of critical thinking have provided clients with data on the relative strength of each test taker and on their test taker groups overall.
Spring testing pays off throughout the campus. Contact us to learn more our suite of test instruments calibrated for undergraduate, graduate and professional program college students. Our validated, objective assessments are used globally to report on strengths and weaknesses of the thinking skills and mindset attributes of individual and group test takers. Our online app based assessment delivery includes flexible test taker access, advanced security, global multilingual delivery and easy access to sample questions.
Contact us today. There's still time to implement an impactful Spring assessment program.