California Critical Thinking Skills Test Family
The California Critical Thinking Skills Test Family is a set of critical thinking skills tests based on the Delphi Expert Consensus Definition of Critical Thinking. Research has shown that these instruments predict strength in critical thinking in authentic problem situations and success on professional licensure examinations. As measures of core critical thinking skills, these tools address the application of one's reasoning skills for the purpose of forming a reflective judgment about what to believe or what to do in a given context or problematic situation.
All of the academically focused test instruments listed below provide objective measures of critical thinking skills. Different questions progressively invite test-takers to analyze or to interpret information presented in text, charts, or images; to draw accurate and warranted inferences; to evaluate inferences and explain why they represent strong reasoning or weak reasoning; or to explain why a given evaluation of an inference is strong or weak.
Each assessment returns scores for overall reasoning skills plus analysis, inference, evaluation, induction and deduction. Many of the assessments also include scores for numeracy, interpretation and explanation. The different tests in this family are designed for different populations of test-takers ranging in educational level from middle school through graduate school. All the tests in this family are available on-line and in paper and pencil format. There are authorized translations for many of them.
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test and California Critical Thinking Skills Test - Numeracy
- Business Critical Thinking Skills Test and Business Critical Thinking Skills Test - Numeracy
- Business Reasoning Test
- Health Science Reasoning Test, Health Science Reasoning Test - Numeracy and Health Science Reasoning Test - Associate Degree (HSRT-AD)
- Test of Everyday Reasoning and Test of Everyday Reasoning - Numeracy
- Transfer and Re-Entry Adult Assessment (TRAA)
- CCTST M-Series Children and Youth: CCTST MIB, CCST M20 and CCTST M25
- Legal Studies Reasoning Test
- Military & Defense Critical Thinking Inventory
- CCST CCT-G835
Contact one of our trained assessment consultants to discuss your project's goals and needs.