INSIGHT Business Professional
INSIGHT Business Professional
Assessments for operational team leaders
Target highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and problem solving skills to achieve company goals.
Business Professional Growth
Recruit, hire and promote a leadership support team with skills and drive to excel. INSIGHT Business Professional is an essential tool for the growth and ongoing strength of your organization. INSIGHT Business Professional applied to key professionals will enable your leadership to be confident that company strategies are implemented in the best possible way with the resources at hand. Correct assessments of talent available or lacking will be obvious. Used in recruiting efforts, INSIGHT Business Professional will identify candidates that “fit” into the culture or address the “new” need.
Talent spotting and skills development
INSIGHT Business Professional has been calibrated to measure the business problem solving skills of middle level leadership and highly skilled staff members who are accountable to senior management. These operational team leaders manage key operations, supervise staff and are authorized to create initiatives to satisfy company objectives.
Business Professional Mindset
What personal habits of mind do test takers bring their work? How do they choose to apply their problem solving abilities? INSIGHT Business Professional presents business situations or challenges that require test takers to make personal decisions based on their experience, beliefs, preferences and values in the context of what’s best for the staff. Questions have been designed to measure the mental disciplines that impact how individual decisions are made. INSIGHT Business Professional helps identify individuals who are judicious, committed, honorable, foresightful, professional, focused, tolerant, adaptable, resourceful and motivational in their decision-making.
Time required: 30 minutes
Format: 90 short “Agree-disagree” style items
Business Professional Reasoning Skills
INSIGHT Business Professional problems are 3 dimensional scenarios which require tactical decisions within business contexts. Test takers are required to analyze problem situations, identify key elements, evaluate alternatives, establish priorities, anticipate logical consequences, be able to interpret vital information presented in numerical formats, determine solutions with the strongest likelihood of success, and be able to explain the reasons for their decisions. An Overall Reasoning and Individual skill metrics are reported.
Time required: 50 minutes
Format: 34 business oriented scenario based multiple choice questions requiring application of the core problem solving skills associated with strong business professional level reasoning.
INSIGHT Business Professional está disponible en español.
INSIGHT Business Professional is a member of the INSIGHT suite of thinking tests. INSIGHT Health Professional is calibrated specifically for highly skilled clinicians, medical professionals who make high stakes decisions about patient care. INSIGHT Law Professional has been specifically calibrated to measure the problem-solving skills and mindset of lawyers and legal professionals.
Contact us to discuss how INSIGHT Business Professional will help your company grow.
INSIGHT Business Professional Metrics
Target highly skilled individuals with the professional mindset and problem solving skills needed to achieve your company's goals.
The metrics reported on INSIGHT Business Professional have been rigorously calibrated to measure the professional mindset and problem solving skills. Items present complex, multi-layer situations. In order to answer the questions, individuals must employ their reasoning skills to make decisions about the next steps to resolve the dilemma. Based on responses, we identify how decisions were made and measure the application of reasoning skills. Strengths and weaknesses are clearly reported for each following key aspects:
Business Professional Mindset
- Judicious: To display thoughtfulness in decision-making and an awareness that there is often more than one reasonable option and that poor decisions should be dispassionately revisited.
- Committed: To be loyally oriented to the job, company goals and mission.
- Honorable: To conduct oneself with personal integrity, honesty and truthfulness.
- Foresightful: To strive to anticipate potential difficulties and to foresee consequences of decisions.
- Focused: To persistently focus on working through problems in an organized, systematic and orderly way.
- Adaptable: To be resilient, with an appetite for innovation and system changes.
- Resourceful: To be driven to find the means necessary to fulfill responsibilities; self-reliant.
- Tolerant: To respect diversity in the workplace, including showing due respect for different perspectives, opinions, and suggestions.
- Motivational: To communicate enthusiasm for the work at hand and inspires others to give their best.
- Professional: To take an appropriate approach to social interactions at work; maintains focus on work responsibilities
Business Reasoning Skills
- Problem Analysis: The ability to analyze problem situations and identify the significance of the critical data elements. A strongly skilled problem solver uses analysis and interpretation skills to determine the issues that must be addressed and to understand the complexities of the problem.
- Evaluating Alternatives: The ability to evaluate options accurately and establish priorities. A successful business professional can differentiate the quality of different possible choices and explain the reasons for their decisions.
- Precise Contexts: The deductive reasoning skills necessary to anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences. Effective business professionals need to be able to see applications and implications of executive directives, company policies and regulations which shape and constrain their problem solving.
- Ambiguous contexts: Problem solving in contexts of risk, ambiguity and uncertainty. Strength in inductive and inferential reasoning lead problem solvers to determine the solution that has the strongest likelihood of success, given information at hand.
- Quantitative Contexts: The ability to reason well in contexts involving numerical data. Business problem solvers must demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate vital information presented in a variety of numerical formats in order to reach an optimal solution.
- Overall Reasoning Skills: The integration of thinking and reasoning skills needed to make operational decisions and to address problem situations at the business professional organizational levels.
Measure the reasoning skills and mindset Business Professionals need to meet company goals
What do you get?
Results you can use.
Easy to read, easy to use comprehensive metrics on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision making. Clear concise reports provide the reliable analysis you need for hiring, promoting and future planning. Printable INDIVIDUAL REPORTS document strengths and areas for growth for 15 key thinking skill and mindset metrics.
For each individual you will know:
Overall score: You will know if the total numeric score indicates Superior, Strong, Moderate skills at this level-- or if the skills were Not Manifested.
Did the individual candidate demonstrate core reasoning skills in the required decision making domains? Reports explain each of the key aspects of decision making and how it impacts success. At a glance, you’ll see a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong skills, Moderate, or Not Manifested) for each skill or attribute.
Numerical scores and recommended performance assessments reported reflect the extent to which the person being assessed manifested a given skill or attribute. The recommended performance assessments (qualitative scores) reported are always relative to the level of the INSIGHT assessment instrument: Executive, Professional, Staff or Support.
Group Report Options:
Group reports can be requested at any time as an additional service. Group reports display aggregated statistics and bar-charts on each INSIGHT metric. These reports have many uses including guiding employee development initiatives over time, comparing different groups engaged in similar tasks at a given organizational level or aiding in the establishment of threshold skill levels to qualify candidates for interviews.
Thinking Skills and Mindset
INSIGHT assessments include two sets of evaluations; Section 1 assesses up to 10 aspects of the business mindset. Section 2 assesses up to 5 decision making skills plus the overall numeric score. The multi-level scales on INSIGHT products have been rigorously calibrated to show how applicants apply their reasoning skills to job-related situations.
INSIGHT assessments are available whenever needed 24/7. Upon completion of the assessment, we can have results sent directly to you or your authorized representative.
Options. You tell us what data you need:
- Do you want to show your top performers?
- Do you want group statistics, group graphics, ratings within assigned groups?
- Do you want periodic reports summarizing results?
- Do you want the individual to see or receive a copy of the report directly?
- Do you want to benchmark your results against national norms?
Confidence in your results:
INSIGHT is the culmination of Insight Assessment’s 30 years of experience in high stakes measurement of reasoning. Worldwide clients rely on our comprehensive range of assessment products to provide the data they need to make high stakes decisions about hiring, admissions, licensing, curriculum, program development and more.
Why wait? Distance yourself from your competition.
Complete Start-to-Finish Staff and Candidate Assessment
Insight Assessment is committed to providing the highest quality customer service. For over 25 years we have been providing superior testing; our business model is based on doing what we do best so that our clients can focus on doing what they do best. When you become an INSIGHT client, you can trust us to manage account setup and support—your results will be delivered to you quickly and confidentially.
Our customer service is based on these four cornerstones:
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation. We want to know who, how, why and what you want to accomplish. By evaluating your organization's unique objectives we will recommend the INSIGHT level that best matches your business needs. Our experts will discuss logistics and the test process. We want to answer your questions.
- Ease of Test Administration. Insight Assessment’s secure, encrypted online multilingual interface is available 24-7 for individual and group testing. Tests are available directly at your site or multiple sites, at test centers or to individuals. Our products are delivered through your internal and corporate intranets or integrated with your LMS, internal learning management platform. Insight Assessment manages test-taker logins/passwords, test assignments—all you need to do is tell us when and how many individuals you will be testing. Insight Assessment will add up to ten customized questions for your respondents to complete so you can gather consistent and comparable information. Tech support is available 24/7.
- Fast Results Delivery. Within minutes of test completion, Insight Assessment will deliver a comprehensive PDF report of individual scores to your designated representative. Results can also be optionally displayed to the test taker immediately following the test. Summary group and subgroup reports will be transmitted to a designated representative at your request. Internal reports and board ready presentations include data, custom designed analyses, documentation and presentation-ready graphics.
- Ease of Purchase. Pricing is based on products selected and the number of tests submitted for scoring. Minimum order requirements apply. After initial prepaid order, clients may opt to prepay for future testing or to pay only for tests used by electing to be invoiced monthly for the number of tests used. Other custom arrangements are available upon request.
High quality assessment is our business; every step of our full service process, from purchase and adoption through test administration and reporting, has been designed to ensure that you get the solution you need to realize high standards for decision making throughout your company.
Contact us to get started.
Preview This Assessment
As a qualified purchaser, if you are not familiar with the assessment instrument or the use of our online system, we offer the opportunity to purchase a preview of the assessment experience. A preview provides you with one or more opportunities to view and experience the assessment from the perspective of the individual being assessed and to see the reporting options. Your account representative will set up your preview to include one or more opportunities to view the instrument using our mobile app on your computer or tablet (the profile page, an example of the assessment itself, and an example of the individual report that will be provided at completion of the assessment).
Each preview also includes a digital copy of the user manual and resource guide for the specific instrument you are viewing. User manuals provide:
- a brief description of each metric being assessed by the instrument
- a description of how to interpret both individual and group assessment results
- a discussion of validity and reliability for the measures
- all necessary information about administration of the assessment
- many additional resources that we hope you will find useful for designing your assessment project
Contact us to order a preview now, or receive your preview when you place your first order for assessments.